ok so i got the new 4.5 OS for 8320. i had downloaded it twice because the first time the download failed and was about 75% complete. i accidently installed the incomplete file to my phone. So im trying to re-attempt install but i cant figure out how to get the loader that comes up after you install the OS to your computer to start running. i un-installed it from my computer and then re-installed it but i dont get a prompt to install the new OS when the desktop manager opens. I know there has to be another way to install an OS, other than right after you install it to your computer. Can someone help me out?
    Last edited by the ants; 03-30-08 at 02:29 AM.
    03-30-08 02:10 AM
    Delete the vendor file (hidden Windows file, located here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader), then try again...
    03-30-08 03:08 AM
    Been tryin to figure this **** out since last night, knew someone here would know whats up, good looks navi
    03-30-08 10:24 AM
    damn, I went thru the install thru the desktop manager, then it had an error and quit, now my phone's radio is off and my phone wont connect thru USB (charge, desktop manager, or as an ext disk), if anyone knows if theres someway to fix this, I did back up prior, but I cant seem to get USB to work to load the backup....
    03-30-08 10:46 AM
    thanks nav that worked out.
    03-30-08 03:08 PM
    Disconnect the BlackBerry from the pc. Now, reboot your pc, and then start over...

Sometimes the cache files cause issues, so a reboot should help...

damn, I went thru the install thru the desktop manager, then it had an error and quit, now my phone's radio is off and my phone wont connect thru USB (charge, desktop manager, or as an ext disk), if anyone knows if theres someway to fix this, I did back up prior, but I cant seem to get USB to work to load the backup....
    03-30-08 03:56 PM
    Just as a wild card suggestion, ensure you device is directed straight to your machine and NOT a USB hub. I was trying to go through a hub and it just kept failing prior to completing the upgrade. As soon as I put the USB cord straight into the machine it worked fine.
    03-30-08 04:45 PM
    where can 4.5 os for 8320?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-08 04:48 PM
    Ditto. Where do you get this? Can it be installed OTA?
    03-30-08 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD