so i have a problem with my phone that's been aggravating me for about a week. every time i open up my camera, the camera isn't activated, but the initial black screen is. problem is, when i close the camera, the black square stays in the center of the screen and i need to remove my battery to get it to go away. i've asked around and have been told it's probably my phone memory, though i think 16232016 bytes should be more than enough available memory to open my camera without troubleshooting. PLEASE HELP!!
    03-08-09 10:42 PM
    please help!!
    03-09-09 03:04 PM
    Are you using Slacker? And does this happen with the video camera as well.

I had this problem a couple of weeks ago, and deleted apps one by one until I determined that Slacker was the culprit. I had to delete the Slacker app, the Slacker sync program and Slacker folder from my SD card.
    03-09-09 03:13 PM
    i don't have slacker, but do you think it could be an app that's screwing it up?
    03-09-09 08:26 PM
    That's my guess. I looked on my SD card for the date of the last picture I took and then began deleting apps that I installed after that date until the camera worked again.
    03-10-09 06:38 AM
    if it's not an app, do you have any idea what else it would be?
    03-10-09 08:06 PM
    Well have you dropped it by any chance? The day it stopped working for me I happened to drop it (softly fortunately) and thought I totally screwed it up. I don't think there are any moving parts so I don't really think that would be it.

After that my next guess is the OS. What OS are you using? You may have to downgrade if even only to check that the camera works with a previous version of the OS.
    03-11-09 07:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD