I did a search and didn't find anything that would fix my problem. I synced my BB and it told me there was a software update. I did the update and now I get a communication error when I connect the phone. It gives me the PIN number at the bottom of the Desktop Manager but won't restore my backup file. I have downgraded the DM from 4.7 to 4.5 because it seems like that fixed the problem last time. Didn't work this time. I have reset everything and nothing is helping.

Called Alltel and they didn't have a clue so are sending me a new phone. I know it is something simple I just can't figure it out.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    06-15-09 06:21 PM
    On your pc uninstall the latest handheld os. Then download os of your choice. Run the exe file on your computer and then run the dm with ur bb plugged in. That should fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 06:27 PM
    how do I uninstall the OS on my pc? Do I do it from DM?
    06-15-09 06:28 PM
    Should be in your add and remove programs.
    06-15-09 07:06 PM
    Control panel add and remove programs. Find the version you want to delete. I would think you should wipe your berry but maybe not.
    06-15-09 07:07 PM
    You mean to uninstall the Desktop Manager? I did that already a couple of times. Went back to 4.5. Don't see the Blackberry OS listed in Add/Remove Programs.

I did a wipe on the BB also but that didn't help.
    06-15-09 08:12 PM
    Not the desktop software. I am using XP and in the add and remove programs you should see the version that you are using os 4.5...that is if you ever downloaded the version. If it is not there I would wipe the phone with commander and then download the right software from your carrier then reinstall through DM. There is a BB 101 on how to do this step by step.
    06-15-09 08:17 PM
    Ok. All I did to update the phone was plug it in and DM told me there was an update. I never downloaded it manually. Maybe thats the problem. I need to find the update and download it manually, right?
    06-15-09 08:22 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

That update is probably for desktop manager have you checked the version that you are on? The link above is to change os's....
    06-15-09 08:29 PM
    I found the site. The DM upgraded me to .160 and the website for Alltel has .177 so I guess I need to get the newer one anyways. Thanks for everyones help. Will let you know if it works.
    06-15-09 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD