Hey all,

Just got my 8300 and I'm pleased with it, just one problem...

The music player on the 8300 looks cool, it sorts your music by artist/album etc just like the ipod. My problem is that its not recognising all the .mp3's that are on the memory card, so when I view my albums I can't see them all. I can still play the missing albums them by browsing for them.

I've managed to get it to display some of the albums, but I'm no idea how I did it!!!! It just seem to happen.

Can any one tell me how the 8300 adds albums to its album list?

All my mp3's are on the memory card in \blackberry\music

Please help!!!
    06-06-07 09:50 AM
    ...the .mp3's that is not recognising were they bought on iTunes? I wonder if that's the issue...

Welcome to CrackBerry.com
    06-07-07 04:01 PM
    also check the file names, some mp3 players have issues reading mp3 file names with odd chars or names being too long i.e.
    03-artist_name_-_song_name_woot_-_album_name_-_group_name_-_extra_bull[bla].mp3
    check on what navilyn said, then check the file names to see if they are jsut too long.
    06-07-07 04:29 PM
    Thanks for the replies, this is a strange problem.

My mp3's were imported from the original cd using itunes. The filenames are also pretty standard. For example, one of the files that is not recognised is called:

/Media Card/blackberry/music/Radiohead/Kid A/02 Kid A.mp3

One of the files that is recognised is called;

/Media Card/blackberry/music/Arctic Monkeys/Favourite Worst Nightmare/01 Brianstorm.mp3

Doesnt seem to be a pattern..
    06-08-07 03:53 AM
    Since my last post my curve now recognised a few more albums but not all of them!!!! I havent changed anything on the blackberry, its all very odd.

I'm wondering if I need to re format my SD card in the blackberry?? Anybody else needed to do this?

Does any one no how the blackberry curve populates the Album / Artist lists?

Also i've noticed that when selecting an album it has recognised it can take 8 seconds to display the song list, do other people also have this experiance. I'm wondering if this is also pointing to a problem with the memory card.

What do you think?
    06-08-07 04:00 AM
    well normally when i put a mem card on any device i format it in that device, dont have my curve yet so i cant tell you if the same thing has happened to me...
    were did you get your curve? check the provider site for any updates, or backup your data and reload the OS from the cd that was shipped with your berry, that seems to help with alot of odd off software related issues.
    06-08-07 08:42 AM
    Thanks Schizo, I got mine from O2 (UK). I'll try the format and then reload the OS. I'll let you all know if it helps.

Thanks for the feedback!
    06-09-07 03:53 AM
    k1000, did reloading your OS work? I am having the exact same problem you were, and reformatting the media card didn't help.

Also, I am a complete Blackberry newbie, so I don't even know how to update the OS. Can someone help?
    10-04-07 09:09 AM
    Since my last post my curve now recognised a few more albums but not all of them!!!! I havent changed anything on the blackberry, its all very odd.

I'm wondering if I need to re format my SD card in the blackberry?? Anybody else needed to do this?

Does any one no how the blackberry curve populates the Album / Artist lists?

Also i've noticed that when selecting an album it has recognised it can take 8 seconds to display the song list, do other people also have this experiance. I'm wondering if this is also pointing to a problem with the memory card.

What do you think?
    I am having the same problem. I have tried with different computers and the result is very similar to what you are experiencing. I even called RIM and told them about the issue. I have tried 2 different media cards both formatted, same result. I don't know if reloading the OS will change things. Any suggestions? Thank you all for your time.
    10-04-07 05:21 PM
    I'm having a similar problem, except with a Pearl. The player will not recognize 3 songs from the Radiohead "In Rainbows" album. Has anyone discovered a solution?

Did reinstalling the OS help?
    01-06-08 04:34 PM
    Re installation of OS could be the only solution in case of any problem arise. This is the only thing where i feel BB should work on!
    01-07-08 06:37 AM
    After completing the synch with the desktop manager turn off the mass storage support under the media cards options.

Then perform a hard reset by pulling the battery for 30 seconds.

When it reboots everything is there. I use a 4GB SHDC card by SanDisk.
    Last edited by CMRN_CRZY; 04-21-09 at 10:51 AM.
    04-21-09 10:46 AM
    Wow! You revived a post that's over 15 months old for no apparent reason.

Welcome to the forum, but this really isn't the way to get started.
    04-21-09 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD