Okay. I purchased my BB Curce 8330 from Sprint on Friday. At the store, they "set it up" for me. They told me once that was done to go home, install the Desktop Manager and allow my phone to "update" and whatnot for about 3 hours. We have the data plan and everything already since my brother has the Pearl. The phone did not have the browser icon or any of the spring features like Sprint TV or Sprint Navagation. They said that it should all be fixed within a few hours of the phone being activated.

Well, currently, I still do not have any of those icons. I have powered my phone on and off several times as well as did quite a few battery pulls. I tried to go to sprint.blackberry.com to "register" it or w/e, but when I type in my pin and my MEID #, I get a message that pops up and says that the device is not registered with this carrier and that I should go into Adv. Options > Host Routing Tables > Register Now. So I do that, nothing happens.

I called the customer service rep and they had me do that as well as go into Options >Mobile Network> Start Provisioning. But when I did that it either cancelled on me or give me error 1012 (I believe that is the error that I got). Did that several times with no luck so they told me to take it in to see if the guys at the store could help me. Well at the store the lady was on the phone with them for about 45 mins, and was still not able to get anything done. She said that it may have to do with the server crashes that Blackberry had a few days ago and that I should come in on Tuesday if nothing changes.

Is there anything that I could do? Thanks in advanced, and I apologise if this question has been asked before.
    05-17-09 03:51 AM
    Server crash? I would take it back and have them exchange it. It doedsn work right so they should get you another one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 05:57 AM
    I also activated a Curve on Friday and also had the "1012" error when I tried to provision the phone. However, the error did go away later that night. Sprint's server problems may actually be the issue. I had a problem previously with a different phone that could not use data at all even though I have the Family Data Plan. While I can't explain the technical aspects (cuz I don't understand them), Sprint changed my plan briefly and the reinitiated the Family Data Plan. The phone worked after that ... I don't know if this is the problem with your phone or not.

I also don't know if I would wait until Tuesday. Since there were problems with Sprint's website, anything activated on Friday still shows as the old information (I still show having a Touch Pro even though I activated the Blackberry). I swear that I read on their website that everything should be accurate on Monday. I would call/chat in on Monday to see if Sprint can help. I also would ask to speak directly with the Blackberry techs.

I hope you get your Curve to work. It's a great smartphone!
    05-17-09 06:19 AM
    I'm not too technical, and it sound like you guys are on the right road but I havnt heard mention of sending service books to your phone yet. Might try that.

05-17-09 08:27 AM
    Ol' Sprint is having issues again...

05-17-09 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD