So I was going through my phone and a number came up private in my call logs. And as a smarta$$ I decided to "call private" and the persons number appeared. I think.. I did this with an "Unknown" number in my phone and it did the same thing. I wouldve just let it ring to figure out who it was but its 3:30am and felt thats a little late to "test" a number.. LOL

Has anyone else had this happen..?

I guess if it REALLY is their numbers than Im not complaing TOO much.. But I dont see the point of someone blocking if its going to show up anyways.
    Last edited by mmartinez1987; 03-25-09 at 02:32 AM.
    03-25-09 02:29 AM
    My BB doesn't do that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 02:31 AM
    well that is interesting, i have never heard of that before. yeah, there would be no point. how positive are you that is was the same number that called you as private?
    03-25-09 02:34 AM
    Because I answer it and I know the person calling me on private.. Weird..Dont ask.. they just always call on private..

Ok reread that and not sure if I understood that the first time..

BUT! When I press the ball on "Private" it says "call private".. Then a number pops up.. but THEN when I end the call.. The last call comes up as "Private" The only way I can view the number is "In call"

ETA: And when I did it a second time the same number popped up!
    Last edited by mmartinez1987; 03-25-09 at 02:38 AM.
    03-25-09 02:35 AM
    is that person in your address book?
    03-25-09 02:39 AM
    So I was going through my phone and a number came up private in my call logs. And as a smarta$$ I decided to "call private" and the persons number appeared. I think.. I did this with an "Unknown" number in my phone and it did the same thing. I wouldve just let it ring to figure out who it was but its 3:30am and felt thats a little late to "test" a number.. LOL

Has anyone else had this happen..?

I guess if it REALLY is their numbers than Im not complaing TOO much.. But I dont see the point of someone blocking if its going to show up anyways.
    Basically what you're saying doesn't add up. If the call came to your phone as private, then there's no way you can return the call- there are no numbers displayed.

If anything, you should get the message that the call cant be completed as dialed- please check the number and try again.
    03-25-09 02:39 AM
    Agree, mine doesn't do anything if I press the green call button. No error message.

03-25-09 02:51 AM
    They are not in my phone book. I never had it.

And I understand it doesnt add up thats why Im here. Its 3am so Im not going to let it ring at 3:30am.. but a number appears on the phone.. A Local number The "Private" and "Unknown" are different but every private is the same as the other privates and the unknowns are the same as the other unknowns..

I know for a fact the private ones are the same person.

ETA: I dont press the green call button. I press the ball thingy and then the menu pops up and it says "Call Private" or I can sms or mms private.
    03-25-09 02:51 AM
    Thats what the menu says, have you tried because I seriously doubt that fi you try, it will go through- there's just no number to make it happen.

My menu says call/ sms private also- you cant.
    03-25-09 02:58 AM
    i think i am more interested now in who this person is calling you on a private number, but you know who it is, but you dont have them listed in your address book. just kidding.

yeah, i would say thats weird. try a battery pull, and test it again in a few hours, i bet it stops
    03-25-09 02:58 AM
    Thats what the menu says, have you tried because I seriously doubt that fi you try, it will go through- there's just no number to make it happen.

they are saying it went through though. its not that hard to believe. ive heard of stranger things.
    03-25-09 03:01 AM
    i think i am more interested now in who this person is calling you on a private number, but you know who it is, but you dont have them listed in your address book. just kidding.

yeah, i would say thats weird. try a battery pull, and test it again in a few hours, i bet it stops
    A guy from work.. Its weird but I dont ask questions.

And Im not too sure I want to do a battery pull just yet.. I think I want to keep KNOWING who calls me..

I did send a call and a number pops up and it starts calling the number. So YES there is a number for it to happen. I just dont want it to ring at this time. Ill test it tomorrow.
    03-25-09 03:08 AM
    Hmmn, very interesting. So this "guy from work", is he intentionally blocking his number, or is it a regularly restricted/unlisted number?
    03-25-09 03:14 AM
    Hmmn, very interesting. So this "guy from work", is he intentionally blocking his number, or is it a regularly restricted/unlisted number?
    He SAYS is how his plan is set up. Said he cant accept incoming calls.. Not sure how true it is.. Ive never heard of it before. But he said its set up to only make out going calls. No text no incoming calls nothing but outgoing.. So I wasnt sure if that had something to do with a number coming up? Because I know there are numbers assigned to phones..

I dont know Im just all confused with this phone!
    03-25-09 03:26 AM
    Yes,
    What are you thinking is correct this should be happen.
    03-25-09 03:51 AM
    Yes,
    What are you thinking is correct this should be happen.

So its because of his plan.. automatically being set up to private? So I have his number then?

Or it should happen because of something on my end..
    03-25-09 04:08 AM
    I think this entire thing was someone not getting enough sleep and trolling the forums at 3am.

03-25-09 04:56 AM
    Same thing happens to me on some private calls. No clue what the difference is. When I call back it's a dead number & when I did a search on the number it was local but clear across town from where I knew the person was calling from. Who knows. Yet another cellular anomaly.
    03-25-09 06:01 AM
    I just called myself private, and it wont do anything when I press the call button.
    03-25-09 08:02 AM
    I think this entire thing was someone not getting enough sleep and trolling the forums at 3am.

Not trolling.. Thank! I really had a legitamate question. AND I work at night and had just gotten off of work. While 3am is an ideal time for people to call me its not ideal for me to randomly call numbers so I came here.

Same thing happens to me on some private calls. No clue what the difference is. When I call back it's a dead number & when I did a search on the number it was local but clear across town from where I knew the person was calling from. Who knows. Yet another cellular anomaly.
    And I figured out what it was.. Not this persons number but it IS a number that belongs to someone. They numbers that pop up on my phone are "Private" and "Unknown" spelled out in numbers with my local area code.

Thinking about it I would like a number that spelt something out!

Thanks to those who didnt think I was crazy!
    Last edited by mmartinez1987; 03-25-09 at 02:14 PM.
    03-25-09 02:10 PM
    i did think you were crazy, i was just humoring you..
    im very kidding.. well that is an interesting conclusion. i guess that would be kinda obvious!
    03-25-09 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD