Apologies if this has been covered, I tried a search and wasn't able to find a specific answer. To make a long story short, is there a way to prevent meeting requests that I receive on my blackberry from automatically showing up in my BB calendar (even without accepting anything)? I heard you can delete the request and that would do it but it doesn't appear to work for me (I tend to delete emails in mass).

Below are the details behind the question if anyone is bored...
    The reason I ask is that I don't have a BES with work, instead I connect to my work email through an IMAP account. Separately, I also sync my work calendar (Outlook) with my Google Calendar (using "SyncMyCal") which also holds my personal events. I find this method prevents personal events showing up on my work Outlook calendar, but allows me to see both personal and work events on my BlackBerry because I use Google Sync to connect my blackberry with my Google Calendar. The problem with doing it this way is that when I get a meeting request from work, it appears on my BB which then syncs up with my Google Calendar to add that meeting. When I also sync Outlook with my Google Calendar, that meeting also appears again as a duplicate but since the meeting is being added to my Google Calendar from two different sources (one from Outlook and one from my BB) the system doesn't recognize it as a dupe. This then adds it twice to my BlackBerry calendar. It's not a huge deal, but it has become quite annoying.

Any thoughts would be appreciated and thanks in advance.
    07-08-08 06:16 PM
    I don't use Google Calendar, but I have observed that if I delete a meeting invitation from my inbox, without declining the invitation, the meeting shows up on the outlook calendar anyway. This is either a mildly annoying nuisance or a security feature, depending on your perspective. After all, it guarantees you won't miss a meeting if you accidentally delete the invitation. I don't know any way to keep it from happening.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 10:20 PM
    I don't know about keeping it from happening, but a way to fix it as of the moment is using Device Manager (DM). If your situation is similar to mine, you use Outlook mainly for managing your calendar. Connect your BB to your pc, go to DM, double click Backup/Restore, then click Advanced. A window pops up with two lists, one (shoudl be on the right) showing all the databases on your BB device. Scroll down to Calendar, select it, the click Clear. It wipes the calendar from your BB. Then go back to DM, and sync your device. It should repopulate your calendar.

I've done it once to clean up my device calendar, and it worked perfectly. Recommend you backup your BB first, of course. And search the forums for syncing a calendar, as I got my direction from another thread that explained it much better.
    07-16-08 04:36 PM
    I don't know about keeping it from happening, but a way to fix it as of the moment is using Device Manager (DM). If your situation is similar to mine, you use Outlook mainly for managing your calendar. Connect your BB to your pc, go to DM, double click Backup/Restore, then click Advanced. A window pops up with two lists, one (shoudl be on the right) showing all the databases on your BB device. Scroll down to Calendar, select it, the click Clear. It wipes the calendar from your BB. Then go back to DM, and sync your device. It should repopulate your calendar.

I've done it once to clean up my device calendar, and it worked perfectly. Recommend you backup your BB first, of course. And search the forums for syncing a calendar, as I got my direction from another thread that explained it much better.
    Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately I think my situation is a little different. I sync my BB over the air to a Google Calendar. My Google Calendar also syncs to my work PC to pull in my work calendar (Outlook). I actually have multiple calendars on Google which I keep separate. one for personal and one for work. I know that's the problem though because my blackberry will add an event to my Google Calendar based upon a work email I get on my device and my work PC will also add the same event to the Google Calendar as a result of the same email. The problem is that Google doesn't recognize these two events as being duplicates because they come from different sources.

I was hoping that if I could prevent these events from being added to my blackberry calendar (since I never accept a meeting on my BB...just my work PC) that this would resolve the dupes but so far deleting the email on my phone doesn't remove it from my calendar.
    07-16-08 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD