I bought a "customer returned" Curve 8330 from Ebay and got in on Saturday. I am already helplessly addicted. I d/l'd Slacker radiom but got the message about my IT policy. SO I downloaded CrackUtil to remove it, but when I try to open it up it says I have entered the wrong password or I don't have the phone connected. Hmmm...phone it plugged in, I even hear the like ta-ta when I plug it in and there is no password on my device. So I am wondering do I need to wipe this device and start over? I don't have a lot apps d/l'd cause I have only had it a few days and my contacts are all on Goggle. I just don't want to screw anything up - but I want it to do what I want too!!! I appreciate any guidance given.
    03-17-09 03:29 PM
    from what i have read the IT pol is totally different from the device software... just wiping the device will NOT remove the IT policy.
    03-17-09 03:49 PM
    I'm not familiar with a BB with an IT policy.
    But i would contact the seller to help you out with that.
    03-17-09 03:55 PM
    if you do a search on here, there is a thread that gives instructions on how to fully remove an IT policy., sorry, am not able to look right now.
    03-17-09 03:58 PM
    I did search this forum for instructions on how to clear the IT policy - that is were I found CrackUtil, but the CrackUtil won't open correctly.
    03-17-09 04:07 PM
    I found this link in Tips, How To's and FAQ's under Newbies. Hopefully this will provide the information you need. The link is HERE

I hope that helps!

~Jazzi~
    03-17-09 06:32 PM
    While reading through that thread I happened along another link removing IT policy. You can find it HERE

Maybe this can be helpful as well. Good luck and Welcome to Crackberry!

~Jazzi~
    03-17-09 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD