Heres the question:

Which theme do you think SHOULD be running on the 83xx series (not counting the 8350i of course), Precision ZEN or Dimension ZEN?

I ask because on my 8330, im running the Precision ZEN theme from the Curve 8520, and it runs so well that it makes me wonder why any recent 83xx series phones weren't shipped running it as default.

Just food for thought.
    06-18-10 12:58 AM
    It is OS dependent. the Precision zen is for OS 5.0 and the Dimension zen is for OS 4.5. Because only Boost Mobile supports OS 5.0, it is the only carrier that will ship with the Precision zen.
    06-18-10 11:49 AM
    It is OS dependent. the Precision zen is for OS 5.0 and the Dimension zen is for OS 4.5. Because only Boost Mobile supports OS 5.0, it is the only carrier that will ship with the Precision zen.
    That's just it though, the default Boost OS 5 install doesn't come with Precision Zen, it comes with Dimension Zen. I have a Boost Curve 8330, and I had to manually add the stock Precision Zen from the 8520, and after doing so, it runs perfectly fine. And I thought OS 4.6 was the first to get Precision Zen ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 01:16 PM
    xyritheon, correct on all points. RIM probably left out the Precision zen theme due to memory space issues. The Dimension zen theme looks so cheesy though, doesn't it.
    06-18-10 02:17 PM
    True, I forgot that OS 4.6 uses the Precision zen themes. I agree it must be a memory issue. It would be interesting to know how many Boost Mobile users leave the Demension zen theme on their phone.
    06-18-10 04:33 PM
    I've installed the precision zen from the 85xx series and its smaller than dimension zen. I used BBSAK to install the precision rim_theme and manually deleted the dimension themes.

06-19-10 08:28 PM
    Yes, the dimension zen theme does look cheesy, and kind of dated IMO. I ended up removing all of the dimension themes, and installing just the precision zen theme, reclaiming quite a bit of space. I would also be interested to know how many people have changed it, or even noticed. Maybe ill run a poll.

06-20-10 10:03 AM
    I like the Dimension theme and the OS 5 Precision theme, but I don't like the 4.6 theme.
    04-10-11 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD