i was trying to be funny and put a password on my friends phone to freak him out. well now i can't get the password to accept. we're on 8/10 tries and i don't want it to wipe his phone. is there any way to reset the attempts or to get around the password?
    04-10-10 12:14 AM
    I haven't done this myself, but I think he can just re-sync it with the desktop software like with most things similar to these(Pocket PC/Palm OS devices) and it will put everything that was on it during that last sync.

Of course this only helps if your friend connects his phone to the software from time to time.
    04-10-10 12:28 AM
    thanks man
    04-10-10 12:36 AM
    That could get you killed in most places, yeah if he hasn't synced in a while he's screwed!
    04-10-10 12:41 AM
    The Desktop Manager will ask for the password as well. Security is taken seriously on a BB. Hopefully your friend has a recent backup, that was done before your prank.
    04-10-10 12:44 AM
    It's been almost seven hours since you posted your prank. If you haven't wiped your friend's BlackBerry yet, it may still be possible to enter the password, though with only 2 tries left, you may not be able to figure it out. What has almost certainly happened is that you entered the password with either a shifted or alt'd keypad. Since the password entry is masked, you can't see that you are entering 123( when you meant to enter wert. Try the alt and shift versions of what you think the password is.
    04-10-10 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD