Hello all... please forgive me if this is answered already!

I currently have a curve 8310 with software v4.5.0.110 (Platform 2.7.0.90)

I have a curve 8900 on the way.

What is the best way to transfer all of my current data and contacts to the new phone?

I realize it is probably through Desktop Manager correct? It looks like the current Desktop Manager download is v5 something from Blackberry.com Does it matter that my phone is only version 4? Can I use Desktop Manager version 5 with my version 4 OS phone????

Sorry if this sounds really dumb!

THANKS!
    11-16-09 08:57 AM
    First do a back up as a precaution, then use device switch wizard in DM.. its pretty straight forward.

Contacts - when I went from an 8320 to the 8330 I used outlook to sync my contacts as they didnt come over from device switch wizard, if yours dont, try outlook or google sync.

You can use any DM version you have already installed.
    11-16-09 08:59 AM
    If you are buying through your carrier store they will transfer data for you. I would check your 3rd party apps to see if they will work on the new bb.
    11-16-09 09:07 AM
    I don't have DM currently installed... I switched computers and have not reinstalled it. That is why I was asking what version of DM I should use.

So will V5 DM work with a V4 OS Phone?

Thanks!
    11-16-09 09:37 AM
    Yes. DM 5.x will work with OS 4.x on your phone. If you use Outlook, another migration option is to sync your old phone with Outlook, then connect your new phone to Outlook and let it sync your data to the new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD