I have two professional accounts forwarded to one gmail account through pop3. I have that gmail account on my 8330. So, whenever someone sends an email to my professional account, it shows up on my BB, great. However, when I hit reply on my BB, the from address shows up as my gmail address, not the professional address I want it to show. Is there a way to fix this?
    07-29-10 11:04 AM
    There are two factors affecting your results. First, Options / Advanced Options / Default Services allows you to specify your default messaging service. That will be the email used if you are sending an email to someone you have not previously emailed. Second, the BlackBerry OS helpfully remembers the last email address used for a contact and will use that email address instead of the default settings if they are not the same. So once you email a contact using the correct email account, you should have the correct account from that point forward. It's not possible to reply to an email from a different address that received it.
    07-29-10 11:32 AM
    Thanks Jeff, that did not quite get my what I was looking for. However, I finally figured out why my calendar default was not what I wanted it to be. From the options I have seen, I do not think it is possible to do what I want to do.
    07-29-10 11:36 AM
    I have two professional accounts forwarded to one gmail account through pop3. I have that gmail account on my 8330. So, whenever someone sends an email to my professional account, it shows up on my BB, great. However, when I hit reply on my BB, the from address shows up as my gmail address, not the professional address I want it to show. Is there a way to fix this?
    Can't you just connect directly to the two professional account from your BB? If they are POP3, it shouldn't be a problem. That way when you respond it will be coming from your professional acct. Be sure to edit your BB signature if you don't want 'sent from my blackberry . . .'
    07-29-10 12:11 PM
    JeffH is right it's under Menu/Options/Advanced Options/Default Settings. You scroll to the bottom to Messaging and use the pull down to select your Default email (reply & send) address from the menu. You should be able to select any one of your (like mine) many email addresses, back out and Save. And like Jb said you can edit your signature from your Email Settings folder. Log in, pick the account and edit away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 07-29-10 at 11:11 PM.
    07-29-10 11:08 PM
    i was trying to add an email to be the default. found it. thanks guys.
    07-31-10 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD