I am considering ordering some extra battery doors and having them airbrushed by a freind of mine. However, we would like to know how much intrest there is and how much people would be willing to pay for a quality item. If there is suficient intrest we will begin taking orders. Thanks, Jon
    03-25-08 08:47 PM
    I think it would be cool as long as it was durable and didn't scratch off easily. Also, I'd rather have the design on the front as well. Good Luck with it!
    03-25-08 08:51 PM
    I know I would luv a custom airbrushed battery door of my capricorn symbol on it. If you gunna take orders, how much is it gunna be?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-08 08:52 PM
    great idea! one suggestion : college and or pro sports team logos

I'm not sure that people would pay much more than double or triple the normal cost of replacing a door, but that's just my take (without seeing the product)
    03-25-08 08:54 PM
    Great ideas. As I said we're looking for sugestions on what you want and what you think it's worth. before we get things rolling. As for a design on the front. I think I can order replacement front panels too. However I think we would have to sell them painted for the customer to install. I don't think I want the liability of prying apart someone elses baby.
    03-25-08 08:59 PM
    We've been talking and it looks like we will be able to sell them under $50 depending on how intricate the design. I'm going to order a few for R&D and we'll see what happens.
    03-25-08 09:49 PM
    Make sure you post pics of your work!
    03-25-08 09:51 PM
    A few specific requests would be great. That way if they turn out as good as I think we can contact those people for product testing. We both carry curves but both use otterboxes so we won't be carrying them ourselves.
    03-25-08 10:00 PM
    As long as I can buy skins for under 20, there's no chance I'll pay that much for a custom battery door.....does that make me a bad bb mom? LOL
    03-25-08 10:25 PM
    Cool idea, and a fun side job!

Hmmm...I'd probably want a flower pattern or flames for my crimson curve. I do agree with the college logos; that would make some $$! Start with a Nittany Lions one
    $50 wouldn't be HORRIBLE, but it is a lot for just the door.

Best of luck!
    03-25-08 10:49 PM
    We've been talking and it looks like we will be able to sell them under $50 depending on how intricate the design. I'm going to order a few for R&D and we'll see what happens.
    Seeing that you can purchase full skins that you can change whenever you like for $10.00 including shipping, I wouldn't be willing to pay $50.00 for just the back pannel. However, depending on quality/durability I would pay $50.00 for the front and back. No more than that. This would be for a design that I would want to customize. I would pay $35.00 for pre-made designs. I know those price point are tough but I feel IMHO they are realistic.
    BTW, for basic design ideas. I would say keeping simple, go for Solid Pink, Blue, baby Blue, Red, Gold and Silver.
    Last edited by ejej; 03-26-08 at 01:02 AM. Reason: adding on text....
    03-26-08 12:59 AM
    As yet I haven't found the curve case for under $60 for all pieces. If you think I'm going to buy them for $60, paint them, then sell them for $50 your NUTS.
    03-26-08 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD