So this might have been a complete freak accident, but i have made and "emergency call" accidently TWICE since i have gotten my berry in the summer.
    I used to lock my phone (but now i just put it in standby out of fear of making the 911 call) While the phone is locked if the trackball is bumped you are presented with the options:unlock, emergency call, cancel

apparently while in my purse the trackball got pressed, moved down one option to emergency call, and pressed again (and again to make the call). then a bit later i got a call from the police dept asking if i was alright....

i just get paranoid bc i dont really know how police gps tracking works...like if i wouldnt have answered and said 'no its ok sorry i just pocketcalled the police again'...would they have sent someone out to find me bc they thought it was an emergency? (bc i i have my gps settings to on, but the only alternative is 911 ONLY...so i figured that meant that right now i have 911 gps on right now too)

SO HERES MY QUESTION
    is there a way to avoid this besides putting the phone on standby?? its just annoying to me bc the way the the lock feature is set up is that you have to press 2 keys (*send) to unlock the phone (so you dont accidentally turn on the phone in your pocket) so WHY does dialing 911 show up as an option for pressing 1 key?? bc once something is pushed up against your trackball its obviously not hard for it to keep re-pressing it every time is bumps something.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
    10-02-08 10:49 PM
    10-02-08 11:05 PM
    thanks!!!!
    10-02-08 11:10 PM
    funny cuz i tries searching for a thread...obviously wasnt searching for the right thing!! lol
    10-02-08 11:11 PM
    I had this happen to me 3 times in a week. The cops actually did show up to where I worked. I've been using standby ever since

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD