hi brand new here and looking forward to getting to know all i can about blackberry...but FIRST i need help with one matter. can someone tell me if my bb curve 8330 has this feature... can i create appointments from my contact/address book lists? i make a huge amount of appts each day and am hoping i dont have to type each and every name in there. i am aware i can use recurring feature for repeat appts. i am referring to non recurring appts. i hope this makes sense.

i am a former palm user..this is my first blackberry straight out of the box. with palm i could go to my calendar click on the top portion of the screen where it said phone contacts and it would bring me to my phone contact directory. from there i could highlight a specific contact and it would be entered in my appt book.

i am not a big text person and not looking to become that savvy with my typing skills. i basically want the bb to RECEIVE emails, schedule appts and make phone calls. i can give up the touch screen but really need that other feature...keeping my fingers crossed that you guys have good news for me.

well ty for listening!
    any help would be appreciated.

pamela
    03-04-09 10:30 AM
    Being a palm user I think you may like this app better than the BB calendar. Welcome to WebIS.net - Pocket Informant BlackBerry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 10:35 AM
    ty vnd

i am heading out to work and will give it a look tonight. i appreciate a fast response as this could be a deal breaker for me and i really want to become a blackberry convert! talk more later

pam
    03-04-09 10:50 AM
    When adding an appointment to the calendar, you can click the menu button and click add invitee. THis brings up your address book and you can pick from there
    03-04-09 11:49 AM
    When adding an appointment to the calendar, you can click the menu button and click add invitee. THis brings up your address book and you can pick from there
    Hmm, I never knew this!! I knew I'd learn something today!
    03-04-09 12:19 PM
    This will send them an email invitation (providing you have their email attached to their contact) to the appointment asking them to accept the appointment. I don't believe they have to accept for it to be in your calendar.
    03-04-09 03:49 PM
    hi reno

can you tell me what i might be doing wrong... i go to my address book highlight the hour i want to make the appt for and click on menu... i see no category for add invitee. i was psyched i might have a solution to my problem.. but im stuck. what might i be doing wrong? when you say click on menu you mean the button to the right of the green phone button correct? any help i would truly appreciate.

pam
    03-04-09 07:45 PM
    hi reno

can you tell me what i might be doing wrong... i go to my address book highlight the hour i want to make the appt for and click on menu... i see no category for add invitee. i was psyched i might have a solution to my problem.. but im stuck. what might i be doing wrong? when you say click on menu you mean the button to the right of the green phone button correct? any help i would truly appreciate.

pam
    You need to select the hour, not just have it hilighted. Then click menu (yes, the spotted key to the right of the green key) my menu choice is "Invite Attendee"
    03-05-09 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD