For some strange reason the 8 gig memory card I received today will not go in the stupid slot. Well it goes in but the little locking apparatus thingy won't lay down over the mem card. WTH? It can't be too big because the friggin thing is tiny...what's wrong with this thing? Help please!
    10-22-08 07:41 PM
    It goes INTO the metal bit, then you fold that down, dont lay it against the BB back and fold the metal clip over, thats not how it works..
    10-22-08 07:43 PM
    You are doing it wrong. The card goes into the holder with the
    contacts down and facing the inside of the phone.

Then lower the card and holder together. Slide the holder to lock.
    10-22-08 07:44 PM
    here is kevin's own video

10-22-08 07:59 PM
    Thanks but I knew that already. It's just the stupid thing won't lay down and lock over the memory card for some reason. It's almost as if the end where the contacts is to fat (for lack of a better adjective) to lay flat enough for the lock cover to close. Is it possible I bought the wrong kind of card? I can't believe something so tiny could be such a big friggin headache. By the way, while trying to force the stupid lock cover down over the mem card I broke it off. Can I just keep it off it refuses to close over the mem card?
    10-22-08 08:07 PM
    Are you sure its a MicroSD card and not an M2 card?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 08:12 PM
    My fiance broke his off earlier, he just clipped it back on.
    10-22-08 08:13 PM
    I have seen this in a few devices. My friend got one as well. If you just got the deivce, get it exchanged.
    10-22-08 08:13 PM
    never heard of defective memory card hatches...
    10-22-08 08:26 PM
    I think it's the card. I got it in but now it won't format. Piece of crap.
    10-22-08 08:30 PM
    Did the card come with a USB reader. If so use that to format
    the card on your PC and then put it back.
    10-22-08 08:33 PM
    It didn't come with a reader but it did come with adapters so I tried sticking it into my printer which has slots = got an error message. Then I tried sticking it in my old Verizon EnV = it went through the initialization phase but then it reported that there was no available storage room. I got the card online at meritline.com. It's an 8 gig turbo card and I thought I was getting it at a song, but the crappy thing is a lemon. *sigh* Now I have to go through the RMA, paying shipping & restocking fees drama. *sigh*
    10-22-08 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD