hi hi everyone. you guys are wonderful.

i have three questions. and i will send someone something nice if they help me!

i just bought the bb curve 8330 (hi, i'm in love with it). i have a mac and i want to load all my contacts onto my phone. the disc that came with the phone does NOT work. ugh! so here are my questions..because i'm just THAT stupid.

1. where can i install a program that will let me sync my phone to my mac? (i downloaded PocketMac for Blackberry and it won't sync!). please explain it to me slowly because i am stupid when it comes to this!

2. how do you control the backlight on this phone? most of the time, it's not that bright...and without doing anything, it will become REAL bright...then fade away to "not-so-bright" what gives? what if i want it real bright all the time?

3. i put my gmail email on my phone...and everytime i send an email FROM MY MAC, my phone buzzes and shows me the SENT email i just sent from my mac. what the hell? why ? and even if i send it through my phone, it sends me a copy of what i sent. how can i turn this off?

i will mail you a good cd if someone can walk me through these step by stop.

you guys are amazing. thank you kindly.
    05-25-08 02:27 AM
    I downloaded and use "The Missing Sync for Mac" with my iMac G5 and my BB 8330. It has worked flawlessly.

It is sold by Mark-Space and is available on their website. See what you think.

By your choice, you can sync with your Mac's address book, tasks, iCal, and iPhoto.

Bill
    05-25-08 02:39 AM
    You can get pocket mac or missing sync, or it you run boot camp or parallels, you can use the regular desktop manager, not too familiar with mac.

2. Basically, you don't. It is adjusted by a sensor involved with the LED. If you cover it, the trackball lights up and the screen brightness changes.

3. Here, i can help. Go HERE

that should help.

Also, for the sync, you can get the calendar only over to Google, OTA, by using the program they have, Google sync.

You can get it at Google

Also, i am here to help out, lend a hand when i can, and generally give direction. If you need some help, just drop a PM, an i wil give you my PIN so i can help.. although, i know very little about Macs
    Last edited by cjcarbone; 05-25-08 at 03:41 AM.
    05-25-08 03:38 AM
    I had an issue with Pocket Mac as well. I didn't want to pay for Missing Sync as it was known to have issues. Plus if there is a free piece of software out there that works then that's what I am going to use.

So here's what I did:

1. Uninstall Pocket Mac.
    2. Searched for anything in my machine with "PocketMac" in the title and deleted it.
    3. Empty Recycle Bin and restart for safe measure.
    4. Install the latest version of PocketMac off RIM's site (I also did the complete install including lotus notes support).
    5. DO NOT RESTART YOUR MACHINE YET.
    6. Install the updated driver from RIM's site.
    7. RESTART
    8. Open PocketMac (you can set your preferences here for what you want to sync).
    9. Connect BlackBerry.
    10. Sync.

This has worked for me twice since my Powerbook's harddrive crashed soon after I set up PocketMac (unrelated issue, it was just time to go). Luckily I had already gotten my phone numbers off the computer before it bit the big one.
    Last edited by pmjohnson99; 05-25-08 at 06:16 AM.
    05-25-08 06:07 AM
    For the screen brightness go to options then screen/keyboard. There u can controll brightness and take off the auto sensor so it doesn't brighten or de brighten using the sensor.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-08 06:14 AM
    I've had the same #1 problem with my pc using vista. This is the 1st forum I've seen mention anything about updated drivers. I'm going to try that out right now. (Or as soon as I finish eating, bb is with me ALL the time!)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-08 07:09 AM
    ok for the screen, go to screen/keyboard in options and turn auto dim backlight to off and set the brightness that you want. For gmail, this happend to me. This link: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/ should solve that problem. As for your mack, I have windows so I have no idea. Good Luck and enjoy your new bb!
    05-25-08 07:44 AM
    [*]Install the updated driver from RIM's site.
    [*]RESTART
    Ok, where do you get the updated drivers on RIM's website? Anyone have a link, please?
    05-25-08 08:08 AM
    thank you everyone for all your help. i'm going to try doing this tomorrow.

who knew a new phone could cause such a goddamn headache!
    05-26-08 06:09 AM
    With the new high speed BB be sure to default to yes for mass storage, otherwise once you connect you'll get the message on your BB if you click yes then it disconnects from PocketMac.
    05-26-08 01:44 PM
    your first problem is that you have a mac.

number 2 is a feature that responds to ambient light in the room, go to options screen/keyboard to turn it off

number 3 go to the gmail sent items thread linked above, that should fix it
    05-26-08 02:27 PM
    I had an issue with Pocket Mac as well. I didn't want to pay for Missing Sync as it was known to have issues. Plus if there is a free piece of software out there that works then that's what I am going to use.

So here's what I did:

1. Uninstall Pocket Mac.
    2. Searched for anything in my machine with "PocketMac" in the title and deleted it.
    3. Empty Recycle Bin and restart for safe measure.
    4. Install the latest version of PocketMac off RIM's site (I also did the complete install including lotus notes support).
    5. DO NOT RESTART YOUR MACHINE YET.
    6. Install the updated driver from RIM's site.
    7. RESTART
    8. Open PocketMac (you can set your preferences here for what you want to sync).
    9. Connect BlackBerry.
    10. Sync.

This has worked for me twice since my Powerbook's harddrive crashed soon after I set up PocketMac (unrelated issue, it was just time to go). Luckily I had already gotten my phone numbers off the computer before it bit the big one.
    ok, so i did all of this and it STILL doesn't work. this is what i'm getting:

when you say "install the updated driver from RIM's site," i installed the Smart Card Drivers.

is this the right driver?

THIS IS DRIVING ME ABSOLUTELY F*CKING INSANE.

UGH. i will PAYPAL you money if you can truly help me!
    05-26-08 06:52 PM
    You downloaded the wrong driver. The driver you need is on RIM's site on the same page where you download PocketMac. When you select PocketMac from the download list is on the same page at the bottom right below the PocketMac link.

It is called:
    PocketMac Driver update -- DriverUpdate.dmg
    Driver update to add support for high speed compatible BlackBerry smartphones.

If you want, PM me with an address and I can send it to you directly. Once you have the proper driver I suggest you go through my steps again from the start.
    Last edited by pmjohnson99; 05-26-08 at 07:11 PM.
    05-26-08 07:05 PM
    it worked it worked!! thank you to everyone, especially Paul!!!
    05-27-08 08:52 PM
    ****. i've installed the drivers and now it says its connected to desktop. but halfway through it shuts down pocketmac. help anyone?
    08-04-08 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD