Hi All,
    So, I've the proud owner of my BB 8330 for a whopping 36 days. Well, last night I was laying on the couch and went to set it on the floor and what did I do? Sat it in a cup of melted ice! No kidding! I don't think I could do it again if I tried. It was in for maybe 2-3 seconds and only got the number pad area wet. I shook out as much water as I could then just let it sit. This morning I checked my e-mail with no problems. When I went to use it again, nothing happened. I took the battery out and put it back it. The BB will power up and the screen is fine but the key pad will not work and once it "hibernates" it will not "wake up". GRRRRRRR!! I could just kick myself. I do have insurance on it but REALLY do not have the $50 to replace it due to the hubby getting a massive pay cut. Any suggestions? Do you think it just still has moisture inside? I did use a blow dryer on it this morning also. I wish I knew how to remove the front shell so I could see if there is still moisture inside. Do you think there is any chance that it could start working again? This is the only phone our household has so I can't be without it long

Thanks for any help!,
    Kristy
    Last edited by crazymom05; 03-27-09 at 06:26 AM.
    03-27-09 06:23 AM
    Pull the battery out immediaately and put it in a bag of rice for the next 24 hours. The Rice will suck out any moisture still in there. May be too late already, but this is your best hope.
    03-27-09 06:32 AM
    It's powering up fine. The annoying flashing red light is blinking away. Just the keypad is not working.
    03-27-09 06:40 AM
    The key to recovering your BB is to take the battery out and get any moisture out of the phone. The fact that you have been trying to operate the phone may be causing further damage to the circuitry inside. Do as Michael suggested earlier and get it into a sealed bag of uncooked rice immediately.
    03-27-09 07:04 AM
    Gottcha! Thank you both!
    03-27-09 07:07 AM
    I hope it is not too late - since you already ut the battery back in poweredit up but here goes:

1. Do not attempt to turn on your BlackBerry. Remove the battery immediately!!

2. Follow the disassembly instructions: (not required but recommended. At the minimum, try to remove just the plastic casing covering the BlackBerry - this is the major helpful part.)

3. Let the device dry in a warm, dry place for 3 to 5 days* (see below)

4. If the device is warm, let it cool to room temperature.

5. Reassemble the device and put battery back in.

Suggestions on drying your BlackBerry in a warm place (open, with the battery out):

* On top of a TV cabinet or CRT, LCD or plasma monitor
    * On top of a cable TV/Satellite converter box
    * On the dashboard of your car on a sunny day
    * Place the BB in a sealed container with UNcooked rice, and then place in any of the locations mentioned above.

(Credit goes to Blackberry Forums FAQ)

David
    03-27-09 07:07 AM
    OMG!! Why must people just let it air out for only like 10 minute and then put the battery back in!? I hope it works with the bag of rice trick now. My heart goes out to you!!
    03-27-09 07:24 AM
    ouch! good luck with this
    03-27-09 07:28 AM
    thanks. It never turned off when it happened. I seriously thought it happened so quick that it might be alright. Unfortunately I can't wait even 24 hours because it's our only phone. Thank goodness for insurance. If only there wasn't the darn deductible Thanks everyone!
    03-27-09 07:31 AM
    You may want to call your carrier and beg your case, anyway. I had an XV6700 replaced for free w/ no deductible due to having insurance for four years and never using it.

No guarantees, but it's worth a shot. Good luck to you.
    03-27-09 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD