I am a Realtor and have to switch over. I am new to the Curve from Palm Treo-land. I want to be happy I switched, but I have both devices plugged in to the laptop, the Palm Desktop pulled up and try switching, but it is greyed out where it should give me option to switch using Palm Desktop Software. Please HELP!!!
    07-02-08 11:42 PM
    I don't know if this will make a difference or not. Have you installed the BB operating system on your desktop? Also. Please fill in the blanks in your profile, ie, service provider, BlackBerry, OS etc.
    07-02-08 11:51 PM
    No--I didn't know about installing BB OS...how do I do that?

Also--the profile/svc provider/etc. screen is taking hours to load. I am Verizon Curve 8830 or 8330...whichever is the new Curve
    07-02-08 11:59 PM
    No--I didn't know about installing BB OS...how do I do that?

Also--the profile/svc provider/etc. screen is taking hours to load. I am Verizon Curve 8830 or 8330...whichever is the new Curve
    8330 if you have a curve. Download the OS from here BlackBerry® Software Updates Install it on your PC and then try to do a swap. See if that works.
    07-03-08 12:01 AM
    thank you so much! everyone is so nice and helpful here! please tell me this gets easier...i have been @ my laptop for 3 hrs straight
    07-03-08 12:18 AM
    Once you get used to your new Curve it will get much easier. Use the "search" function above. You'll be surprised at how many other also have the same issues or questions that you have.
    07-03-08 12:20 AM
    I have installed and reinstalled the desktop software and it now recognizes my curve and my treo, since I want to do a swap of information, but when I click on the wizard, it says it can't find the internet....yet I am on the internet and the internet is connected directly to my PC. Why would it need internet to swap info from phone to phone? I don't know what else to try!
    07-03-08 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD