My 8310 just froze, so I pulled the battery. When I put the battery back in, I have a battery with a red line through it and 50% backlighting. I've plugged the phone into my charger and PC, and nothing will turn it on. I've searched, but with no real answers.

HELP!
    04-24-09 08:51 PM
    The line on the battery is fine, a "X" is bad. Did the battery ever run all the way down?
    04-24-09 09:00 PM
    The line on the battery is fine, a "X" is bad. Did the battery ever run all the way down?
    It's a line across the battery icon (think no smoking sign)

And no, the battery was almost fully charged. I was using my facebook application and the phone froze, I pulled the battery to do a hard reset and then that icon of death appeared.

EDIT: The battery has run all the way down once.
    04-24-09 09:03 PM
    Hmm there's been a lot of battery issues lately, the "x" I was talking about is actually on the battery it's a moisture indicator. This issue might need to be solved in store.
    04-24-09 09:12 PM
    I found a thread and I'm currently trying their instructions. I have inserted the battery back into the phone, but I will check and see if that could be the source, but I doubt it. I've searched this issue and it seems to be common, yet no one know why, how to fix it, and I can't find any information on the final outcome!
    04-24-09 09:15 PM
    Leave the BB on the charger for a few hours. If the battery isn't totally shot it will be ok when it has a full charge, hopefully.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 09:16 PM
    Well good luck!
    04-24-09 09:17 PM
    Also when you pull the battery leave it out for over 30 secs.
    04-24-09 09:17 PM
    That didn't work... but I just pulled the battery and I see the scary red X... I hope this means I just need a new battery.
    04-24-09 09:18 PM
    Has it gotten wet/moist?
    04-24-09 09:21 PM
    Has it gotten wet/moist?
    It must have for that moisture sensor to activate. But not recently. I'll take it down tomorrow and see if they can test it with a new battery.
    04-24-09 09:25 PM
    X just means not good.
    04-24-09 09:26 PM
    X just means not good.
    What does "X" mean?
    04-24-09 09:28 PM
    And does anyone know where the other moisture sensors inside the phone are?
    04-24-09 09:33 PM
    Deep inside so if you return one and say it didn't get wet your carrier or RIM can say yes it did. If you look it violate the warranty anyways.
    04-24-09 09:36 PM
    Deep inside so if you return one and say it didn't get wet your carrier or RIM can say yes it did. If you look it violate the warranty anyways.
    I have no warranty on the phone anyway. But I'm also not about to take it apart. I guess I'll just go tomorrow and hope a new battery will fix the issue.
    04-24-09 09:38 PM
    Hopefully that will make it better, let us know the outcome!
    04-24-09 10:09 PM
    I took my phone to my local store. A new battery did not solve this issue. The people there were also less than helpful. I called customer support and was passed around from department to department for about 45 minutes. I finally gave up and went to a store about an hour away. The guy there was wonderful. I ended up getting a new phone (same curve 8310)

I'm still looking for a way to fix the old phone. I need to get some information from it, so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
    04-27-09 08:44 AM
    Have you tried to connect your old 8310 to Desktop Manager? Does DM detect the PIN?
    04-27-09 02:05 PM
    My Sprint 8330 got the battery with the line through it then kept trying to cycle on and off. After speaking to sprint I wound up taking it to a repair center. It's called a fatal flaw cycle. Hopefully you habve made a recent backup. If it's under protection insurance they will replace it. Bring an old phone with you so they can do a service swap until your new unit comes in. I went on a sat and mine was ready the following monday. The replacement was new and not refurbished. Good luck.
    04-27-09 02:38 PM
    Thank you everyone. I did fix the old phone. Because I had such a hard time finding any information, better yet a solution, I created a new thread in the hopes it would be easier for someone to find during a search.

Thanks for all your help!
    04-29-09 08:26 PM
    And does anyone know where the other moisture sensors inside the phone are?
    Take the b attery out, then tilt the phone forward and near the SIM card door you will see a white square. If it is anything other than white it has gotten moisture.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD