Im sorry if what im asking is stupid but bear with me.

Today a friend of mine put a password on my blackberry curve 8310 and then forgot what she put. a couple of tries later the memory was WIPED OUT.

freakouts, meltdowns, hours, and a download later. I finally have my berry working again.

BUT

I have noticed that things are lookin different.

I had to download the new software thingy and I dont know if its the new software or if its cuz it got messed up BUT ALOT of things look diffferent.

my phonebook list looks different. my sms text list looks different. I have no preloaded pics.

before when i would open my sms text folder, a portion of the homescreen would be visible at the top. but now the whole screen is covered by the text list.

anyway i dont know if all these changes are cuz of the new software update or cuz it got previously wiped..

anyway please help me im confused.
    03-12-09 10:55 PM
    It sounds like these things happened because you upgraded your OS. Most of the new OSs change something somewhere be it big or small. Glad you got it fixed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 11:06 PM
    Umm this might sound like a dumb question (sorry it if is) but is it a different theme?

03-12-09 11:06 PM
    Umm this might sound like a dumb question (sorry it if is) but is it a different theme?

Ooh! That is a good one! I didn't even think of that.

03-12-09 11:14 PM
    I have the Zen theme activated... also the screen would dim when i was in a dark environment and get brighter when i was in a more brighter environment.. how do i make it do that again?

ALSO the font seems bigger.. what was it supposed to be before the new upgrade i got?

sorry im really green!
    03-12-09 11:16 PM
    You can set your own font and size. Go to your "options" on the main menu. Scroll down to "screen and keyboard". Click on that and you should see the option to change your font. You should also see on the same page options for your backlight. You can set that up for whatever option you prefer.

Don't worry about asking questions. None of us would have learned everything without some help. Let me know if this works for you.

Last edited by Kangaruex; 03-12-09 at 11:24 PM.
    03-12-09 11:19 PM
    Go to options- screen/keyboard and u can change everything u just mentioned in your last post

03-12-09 11:21 PM
    Ok awesome, the "dim" feature is working like its supposed to, the font and size is set to 9 and normal. So far so good. I noticed that I don't have preloaded pix
    I used to have the Earth pic and my zen theme and it made my berry look cool-er. Now I have that regular sky/road pic. Is there a way to get my preloaded pix back?

Btw thank u so much fr all year help! I really do appreciate it!

03-12-09 11:45 PM
    There are no more preloaded pics with the newer OS; so basically "no" you can't get them back. I'm glad that you were able to get most of your usual settings back. Depending on how old your Operating System was, you may find that you have a lot more features than you had with your old one.

~Jazzi~

03-12-09 11:51 PM
    Ok awesome, the "dim" feature is working like its supposed to, the font and size is set to 9 and normal. So far so good. I noticed that I don't have preloaded pix
    I used to have the Earth pic and my zen theme and it made my berry look cool-er. Now I have that regular sky/road pic. Is there a way to get my preloaded pix back?

Btw thank u so much fr all year help! I really do appreciate it!

You are welcome! I am glad I could help. I am also glad you got it fixed.

03-13-09 12:03 AM
    You can look for cool wallpaper images to replace the ones you lost right here on Crackberry. Click on the wallpaper tab at the top of the page, then go to the Curve section.

Tell your frienemy they owe you one big time!

03-13-09 01:27 AM
    Now that you're up and running, what kind of "friend" puts a password on your BB?

Friend to other friends: "Let's play a joke on so and so and put a password on her BB. If she can't figure it out it will get wiped. I can't wait."
    03-13-09 06:36 AM
    Now that you're up and running, what kind of "friend" puts a password on your BB?

Friend to other friends: "Let's play a joke on so and so and put a password on her BB. If she can't figure it out it will get wiped. I can't wait."
    I'm with you there. Friends like that need to be treated to a can of whoop a**. On the house of course.

03-13-09 06:51 AM
    There are no more preloaded pics with the newer OS; so basically "no" you can't get them back. I'm glad that you were able to get most of your usual settings back. Depending on how old your Operating System was, you may find that you have a lot more features than you had with your old one.

~Jazzi~

They should have ditched the preloaded pics a long time ago, they took up the most memory, right along with the BlackBerry sample video...
    03-13-09 07:21 AM
    They should have ditched the preloaded pics a long time ago, they took up the most memory, right along with the BlackBerry sample video...

LOL! I don't know why, but your post made me think of a movie I saw a long time ago. These people went and bought picture frames and left the fake pictures in them to display in their home.

03-13-09 08:09 AM
    Ha, decorating on a budget.
    I've done worse things...

03-13-09 08:59 AM
    thank u all for all ur help!

I miss the preloaded pix cuz I would use em as wallpaper.. but oh well.. ill have to get some new ones.

and that "friend" well she is mostly a friend of a friend and the 3 of us were at lunch and she has a berry pearl and mentioned something about a password. i knew what she was talking about yet she proceeded to show me and she put a password.

then she forgot if she mistyped and... well aftr the memory wipe it all went downhill.. and since i had to download the new software thing.. there are alot of changes to the menus and the look to the curve and I thought "oh no did something go wrong?"

but apparently these changes are cuz of the new update.

ok u know when u see ur call log? u can see like the top halp of the home screen?

i cant see it anymore when opening the sms messages log :/

is this due to the "update"?
    03-13-09 09:56 AM
    Oh boy I'm glad none of my friends have Berries....Whoo!
    Glad your up and running again, the 83XX is awesome, I love mine!

03-13-09 10:07 AM
    I was a little irritated when the earth image got lost in my upgrade, too. But replacing it was simple enough. I just went to Google Image Search and found another one I like even better. Transferred that image to my BB and set it as the desktop and I'm back in business.
    03-13-09 10:14 AM
    I will NEVAH EVAH! let others touch my precious blackberryy * no touchy!* haha

i noticed that the names in the address book are *i think* more separated then they were in the previous version (b4 i got the upgrade) is it just me or did anyone else notice that?

also new txt messages on the list appear in bold.. i dunno is it all due to the upgrade??

its taking some getting use-to for me to get back in the groove.
    03-13-09 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD