I needed to order another Touch Pro to replace my defective one which made me put it on my account. I tried to put my Curve back on there and when I went to restart the phone it says app error 523

I cannot even get into the phone from my comp.

Ive taken the battery and the memory card out and put it back in and nothing....

Ive installed the weather app and slacker radio and something about homes for sale in my area, how can I get the BB to connect to my computer so I can delete them?
    07-12-09 09:32 PM
    From Crucial_Xtreme's list: 523 A critical Java process has died and the devce cannot continue to operate normally.
    That's an operating system error. Sprint didn't cause it. One cause is installing an incompatible application. You will need to reload your OS to recover use of your phone. The steps in this procedure should help: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    07-12-09 09:48 PM
    Hope you have a recent backup. Or in your case, since you are bringing the Curve out of storage, your contacts synced with Outlook or Google Sync.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 09:58 PM
    Actually...The phone is 4 days old. I did get it to uninstall the apps, but of course it did not work.

I will have to use the pro that does not work properly for awhile I guess

So in the future, how can I tell if an app from BB world will be compatible or not?

I did outlook with my touch, and it sucked all of my emails from my comcast email and the inbox was empty there....

On my touch, I had a cab with all of my contacts on my sd card so I could do a hard reset and just simply reload them, can I do something like that with this OS?

And no, I do not have my contacts backed up, but they are here on my touch pro still

Will not deleting all of the apps fix this?
    07-12-09 10:09 PM
    Unfortunately once an app has corrupted your OS, the damage is done. Deleting the app is not likely to undo the damage. If your Curve is 4 days old, take it back. They will most likely give you a new one. That'll be easier than reloading the OS.
    07-12-09 10:28 PM
    I got it from retentions, ugh! Its ok, the Tour will be here in a few days I hope...I ordered it last night and the Curve goes back anyways. I will be calling Sprint in a few though and have them note it in my account that the Berry is bricked... Because when the idiots were working so hard to give me the programming number to program my touch, they did something, the email I just got pisses me off.

Confirmation no.: 283904671 Rep Id: 857133 Date/Time: Jul 12, 2009 09:06 pm(CST)
    Modification(s): - Account holder APRIL requested a change impacting phone number xxxxxxxxxx. As of 07/12/2009, the Sprint Basic 200 plan was added to your account and the Everything Data Share 1500 plan was removed.

Confirmation no.: 283904843 Rep Id: 857133 Date/Time: Jul 12, 2009 09:06 pm(CST)
    Modification(s): - Account holder APRIL requested a change impacting phone number xxxxxxx. As of 07/12/2009, the Everything Data Share 1500 plan was added to your account and the Sprint Basic 200 plan was removed.

Confirmation no.: 283913879 Rep Id: 337163 Date/Time: Jul 12, 2009 09:48 pm(CST)
    Modification(s): - Account holder APRIL requested a change impacting phone number xxxxxxx. As of 07/12/2009, the Seasonal Standby CDMA plan was added to your account and the Everything Data Share 1500 plan was removed.

Confirmation no.: 283914054 Rep Id: 337163 Date/Time: Jul 12, 2009 09:49 pm(CST)
    Modification(s): - Account holder APRIL requested a change impacting phone number xxxxxxxx. As of 07/12/2009, the Everything Data Share 1500 plan was added to your account and the Seasonal Standby CDMA plan was removed.

How the **** does that happen? My GOD I hate Sprint tonight. This reminds me of when our services were down for 2 weeks and no one could figure out why, it was a 90 mile span all the stores knew about but not advanced tech, so they thought it would be nice to "refresh" the system and re add my phone number without telling me.

My bill told me when I saw $200 removed and then $200 re added. And a pro rated amount for $130 on my bill plus my full month, that was wonderful dealing with
    07-12-09 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD