I went snow skiing today and took a pretty hard fall...the worst part of it is that my bb was in my pocket at the time of the crash.

After checking out the damage, the LCD screen only shows up white and seems to have a hairline crack/scratch in it. I had one of my friends call my bb and the phone works correctly and i can place calls from my phone by pressing the green phone button (to the left of trackball) and then typing in the number.

Once I got home, I backed up/restored all data on the phone.

My thought is that I need to replace the LCD screen...probably around $40 and there is even an instruction video on youtube.

One last thing...I didn't purchase insurance when I got the phone last September.

I would really appreciate it if some of you bb guru's can provide some advise on my situation.

Bruce
    01-29-09 11:06 PM
    If you got the phone in september you should still be under warranty. Any who i had to replace my lcd on my 8300 (which uses the same lcd as 8320 and it was 28 dollars and free shipping. Got if off Ebay. Oh and it came with the tools needed. It is real easy to do.
    01-29-09 11:09 PM
    If you don't want to go the Ebay route, go to cnn.cn and get one there. They have everything you could possibly need parts-wise...
    01-30-09 12:27 AM
    Thank you both for your replies...I have one on order. Hopefully, the lcd screen was the issue.

Take care!

Bruce
    01-31-09 12:19 PM
    Good news...the LCD was the issue. I followed the video on youtube to replace the LCD and all is well w/ my bb now. I ended up purchasing the screen from ebay.
    02-07-09 02:48 PM
    This one is an easy one, the screen still works, however when you fell the vibration shook the screen cable out of place. Its a flat cable the connects the motherboard of the blackberry to the screen. All you really have to do is open the blackberry with a T6 + T4 Screw Driver, or take it to a professional and have them push the cable back into its clamp. If the screen is broken you can just get a new one and follow the video on youtube for blackberry repair.
    02-07-09 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD