I'm trying to upgrade the OS on my 8310 to 4.5.0.110 from AT&T. I'm using a friends computer and everytime i connect my bb and run the desktop manager the computer instantly shuts down and needs to be rebooted to run again??????? I have no idea why this is happening.

any ideas are welcome..
    Thank you in advanced...
    01-11-09 10:45 PM
    Try running the app loader by itself, instead of going through DM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 10:49 PM
    Yeah..I actually did try the app loader by its self and it shut down instantly...but, if i connect my bb to the computer with nothing running, like to just charge my bb, the computer was fine, no shut down.......

thanks for the idea....
    01-11-09 10:56 PM
    Did you try running the web version on the BB site?

01-11-09 11:02 PM
    yes, if you mean the web version from the RIM site that you get when you click on the UPGRADE botton. its some error with the computer its self but i don't know enough to know what it could be???
    01-11-09 11:06 PM
    Yeah..I actually did try the app loader by its self and it shut down instantly...but, if i connect my bb to the computer with nothing running, like to just charge my bb, the computer was fine, no shut down.......
    Uninstall DM, reboot, reinstall DM.

Seeing as how the phone works just fine plugged in without DM running, it must be an issue with DM.
    01-11-09 11:12 PM
    I'll try that next....
    Thank you.

Can anyone think of any driver problem or something else that could causing the problem. I'm going to try reloading the DM but I seem to remember having the same problem quite some time ago when I was loading music onto a sony Erricson I had. The problem was just more periodic then.

01-11-09 11:17 PM
    It may be a long shot, but some computer viruses can shut down the computer.

Is it a sudden shutdown, as if the computer completely lost power, or does it go through it's shutdown routine? If it shuts off suddenly, I would lean more towards a hardware failure or some sort (i.e. dying power supply, USB card shot, etc). USB draws power to the BB when running DM (can charge the phone this way)

If it were a software failure, I would tend to think it would throw an exception or display some form of a warning on the screen and shutdown just the service / device.

It's hard to tell without actually seeing it.
    01-12-09 02:12 PM
    What DM are you using?
    01-12-09 02:18 PM
    What version of Windows are you using?

When you connect your BB to your PC can you open My Computer and access the drive representing your BB?

Can you try a different USB port such as front vs. rear or vice-versa?
    01-12-09 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD