Hello,

In panic mode here. I did a sync of my curve to my Outlook, as usual. But when this sync was finished, almost all of my appointments - back and forward - are now gone!

How do I "undo" this sync and get back to how things were an hour ago?

Thank you thank you!
    06-12-09 07:43 PM
    I have had this happen before once but that was with windows mobile and active sync. If your Outlook calendar entries have been erased, I don't know of a way to get them back. Perhaps you have a backup you could restore or is it possible the calendar is archived? I know email can be archived but don't know about the calendar. Is this the type of data that gets saved when windows sets a restore point? If so, maybe you could roll back to a previous point? These are just suggestions as I'm not sure anything can be done to recover that data.

To prevent this, I always ensure a 1 way sync between outlook and the berry so that the berry never changes data in outlook. Also, using google calendar sync is an easy automatic way to keep your calendar available to you online and to also have a back-up if necessary since it is capable of a 2 way sync. I also backup the calendar files in outlook every 2 weeks.

I know none of this helps you now but they may be helpful to you to avoid this in the future. I hope somebody more knowledgeable can chime in and recover your data for you. Good luck.
    06-13-09 12:53 PM
    I had some issues this week and may be able to help. Are the entries gone on the phone, Outlook, or both?
    06-14-09 11:00 AM
    Wow, wonder what caused that? What's the usual situation in which this kind of glitch occurs? I sync BB to Outlook almost daily. I do keep backups (of my Outlook files, and of my BB data) but I'd hate to have to ferret through all of that to recover an entire calendar's worth of appointments!
    06-14-09 03:17 PM
    I had the same thing!! And am freaking out cuz I can't get it back! Let me know what you find!
    06-15-09 12:09 PM
    BTW - My calendar is fine on my BB - just my outlook is gone
    06-15-09 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD