I went to profiles and have set me text message alert but its still not working. whenever I get a text message its not the tone I selected! Now when I go to profiles im not even getting the same screen I was before! Im getting so frustrated!!
    03-28-09 06:43 PM
    Try calling your service provider

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 06:45 PM
    Make sure out of holster and in holster are set to tone and also make sure the volume in the same screen is not on mute.

You should also make sure the profile you are editing is the one you are currently using (active) otherwise your changes will do nothing

proper way to navigate the profiles is here:

Profiles>advanced>active profile (or the profile you want to edit (loud, normal) then select the alert you wish to edit (SMS, MMS, EMAIL, PHONE) pick a tone and save. From this menu you can customize it to your liking for each alert..
    03-28-09 06:47 PM
    Make sure out of holster and in holster are set to tone and also make sure the volume in the same screen is not on mute.

You should also make sure the profile you are editing is the one you are currently using (active) otherwise your changes will do nothing

Profiles>advanced>active profile (or the profile you want to edit (loud, normal) then select the alert you wish to edit (SMS, MMS, EMAIL, PHONE) pick a tone and save. From this menu you can customize it to your liking for each alert..
    Thanks!!! Im not sure what I was thinking getting a blackberry..lol
    03-28-09 06:57 PM
    No need to get frustrated, there is a learning curve (pun intended).

You've come to the right place for assistance and advice.
    03-28-09 07:05 PM
    Did ya get it? Alot of folks miss one of them so no worries

Lol @ xlide with the learning curve........ aye so true
    03-28-09 07:07 PM

This is going to seem like I am on Family Feud, but...

Good answer, good answer.
    03-28-09 07:13 PM
    Whenever your at your wits end with your Berry, always remember CB, But NEVER, NEVER throw your phone, that thing is expensive, and you'll be lost w/out it!! Lol.
    03-28-09 07:29 PM

GreensDuPre... This is my 1st Blackberry. I have the 8330 & I can say that when I 1st got it, it was a lot different then what I was use to. I can say the over this past month & a half I have gotten so use to it & the way things work. I can also say that I will not go without a Blackberry again.

Give it time, read read read & you'll find how great of the phone these are!!
    03-28-09 07:54 PM
    GreensDuPre... This is my 1st Blackberry. I have the 8330 & I can say that when I 1st got it, it was a lot different then what I was use to. I can say the over this past month & a half I have gotten so use to it & the way things work. I can also say that I will not go without a Blackberry again.

Give it time, read read read & you'll find how great of the phone these are!!
    Greens.. I agree with Tanker. Give it some time and read what you can. You wont go back to any other phone.

On the more tech side... there hasnt been 1 issue that I've had with my berry that I haven't found a solution for here at CB.com. I think you've come to the perfect place!
    03-29-09 08:10 AM
    This the place to be. If you can't find an answer here, there is no answer.
    03-29-09 09:07 AM
    This is going to seem like I am on Family Feud, but...

Good answer, good answer.
    Always a kidder CBK!

03-29-09 09:12 AM
    These are a lot more customizable than your average phone. there are so many more ways to set things up that it is quite easy to get yourself frustrated.

Patience will reap rewards, and don't be so hard on yourself (and DEFINITELY not your BB!), things will work out.

03-29-09 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD