hey everyone i had a curve that i loved to death but gave me a couple problems i bought the storm and gave the curve to my lovely girlfriend but after i did a verizon software update everytime she calls me and i pick up i hear this loud obnoxtious like airhorn noise she used to here it when i had the phone and the phone would go from speaker phone back to head set this is rediculus because verizon techs are morons and they always say they have no idea what i am talking about and this is the 3rd bb curve that i had that did this after the software update can anyone help me please i wanna be able to resolve this
    01-22-09 07:40 PM
    It is a bug in the OS.. most of us have it.
    01-22-09 07:42 PM
    hey everyone i had a curve that i loved to death but gave me a couple problems i bought the storm and gave the curve to my lovely girlfriend but after i did a verizon software update everytime she calls me and i pick up i hear this loud obnoxtious like airhorn noise she used to here it when i had the phone and the phone would go from speaker phone back to head set this is rediculus because verizon techs are morons and they always say they have no idea what i am talking about and this is the 3rd bb curve that i had that did this after the software update can anyone help me please i wanna be able to resolve this
    Nice of you to come in here and call VZW techs morons. SInce there are one heck of a lot of us here.

As a VZW tech I know excactly what you are talking about and this issue is also internally documented and escalated to RIM. I hope I do not get a call from you as I might have to accidentally hit the disconnect button and tell you that I have no idea why this happened. escalate it to network and let you sit without a phone for 3 days.

Lucky that it against my moral values to do this.
    01-22-09 07:51 PM
    Lol @ lastraid
    01-22-09 07:56 PM
    yea too bad i am a verizon wireless employee and one on my best friends is a district maniger so that really wont be possible but if there are soo many incompatant vzw tech then maybe they should get rid of the few that give sh!tty customer service and cause the company a heck of alot of complaints that cause verizon wireless customers (the people that pay your paycheck) to switch to at&t or maybe sprint A$$ hole
    01-22-09 07:58 PM
    I have the same problem with my 8330...
    01-22-09 07:59 PM
    It is a bug in the OS.. most of us have it.

and thank you cliffr39 for the simple answer since the verizon guys got attitude
    01-22-09 08:00 PM
    Good luck getting your questions answered.
    01-22-09 08:07 PM
    Welcome. While they didn't need to be as mean, it also wasn't helpful to call them morons. We would have understood your problem still without that part. Some people do get offended when grouped in like that Hoping it gets resolved soon, but no telling. Good luck
    01-22-09 08:08 PM
    i appologize for lableing vzw techs but i have grown very angry with the service that has been provided lately didnt mean to offend anyone
    01-22-09 08:18 PM
    The bug you are referring to is present in almost every version of the 4.5 OS. Some curves suffer from it, some don't. I happen to be one of the (few) lucky ones. I don't know (nor do I think anyone else does for that matter) what exactly determines which phones get it and which don't, all we can hope for is a resolution to this issue in a future OS update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 08:28 PM
    yea too bad i am a verizon wireless employee and one on my best friends is a district maniger so that really wont be possible but if there are soo many incompatant vzw tech then maybe they should get rid of the few that give sh!tty customer service and cause the company a heck of alot of complaints that cause verizon wireless customers (the people that pay your paycheck) to switch to at&t or maybe sprint A$$ hole
    Dude, I like most VZW employees I have delt with. The last real moron I dealt with would repeat the problem back incorrectly and was an a** in general to deal with. He didn't know what he was doing and would not pass me off. Then he woudldnt pass me to a manager. I hung up waited a few minutes and called back. I was lucky and got a knowledgable tech and we walked through the problem until resolution.

Some techs are morons and there should be a way for us to get away from them. Some techs are knowledgable and helpful, there should be a way to reward them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 08:52 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Bought my 8330 about 3 weeks ago. Everything was fine at first, then I noticed it would shutdown and restart randomly, then out of nowhere I started to get this awful squelch (sounds like an old stereo speaker after it's blown out) instead of ringtones or message notifications, BUT, speakerphone works fine!!!???? I replaced my first phone 8330 after about two weeks b/c they though the speaker went bad. The second one started doing in less than a few days, and now I have to reset if daily. I can pull the battery, which will "reset" the speaker, but the squelch comes back usually in less than 24 hours.
    03-08-09 12:24 AM
    i appologize for lableing vzw techs but i have grown very angry with the service that has been provided lately didnt mean to offend anyone
    Appology accepted.

Every company will have bad eggs, new eggs that might not know as much thereby giving the impression that they do not know anything. Not escalating to supervisor when request is not a good thing.

Keep your kool, no matter how bad the rep does is a big key to getting things done. Getting angry, loud, rude, etc., will just put the rep in bad mood, if you do not like the service do what you did. ask for sup, if refused get the reps name or ID, hang up call back and get a rep that can help you. WEhen your issue is resolved ask for SUP, give praise to the rep that helped you and report the one that did not. Reporting a bad experience will generate a review of the call and training for the rep.

PS if the rep refuses to give the name or rep ID do not worry, the system will auto stamp the information. So when you call back in the next rep can provide that info to a supervisor.
    03-08-09 09:16 AM
    All who have suffered from the intermittent "failure" of the external speaker in the 8330 where it will let out a "squelch" or "popping" (like a blown stereo speaker), I think I may have found something. For me, I would do a battery removal reset and the notification and ringtones woud work fine for maybe 24 hours, then back to the "squelch" anytime an email or phone call came in. Reading other posts, it seemed most people began to suffer this problem either AFTER upgrading to the latest OS or (like me) have only recently purchased a BlackBerry 8330 which included the latest OS v4.5.0.131. I'm sort of new, but MMS seemed to be one of the new features added with the newest OS. I've tried a little deductive reasoning, which seems to have provided positive results so far - NO SPEAKER SQUELCH in over 24 hours. I turned OFF all audible notifications EXCEPT phone calls and SMS and haven't had a problem with my speaker in over a day. As most of you know, any one type of message, email or phone call can actually result in visaul notifications under several of the different icons on your BlackBerry, each of which can be set to a DIFFERENT audible notification. Therefore, theoretically, one message type could actually attempt to trigger several different audible notifications at the same time. My armchair sicence says that this audio glitch is being caused by the message notification systems on the BlackBerry trying to make the deliver multiple different audible notifications at the same time.
    03-09-09 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD