I've got a BB 8320, downloaded an application for text messaging...didn't like it and uninstalled...NOW every time I receive a text message longer than 160 characters it change into 2 or more separate messages. It never did this... please help!
    06-02-10 07:56 AM
    I have an 8330 and there is a 160 character limit on mine. I wish mine would split it into 2. As it is I have to start over. One mans curse is another mans blessing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 02:43 PM
    I've got a BB 8320, downloaded an application for text messaging...didn't like it and uninstalled...NOW every time I receive a text message longer than 160 characters it change into 2 or more separate messages. It never did this... please help!
    Mine stops me at 160 and won't split into two, I have to send, then compose again.

Back up your phone first, then go to your provider's website and download the current BB software and use Desktop Manager to re-install a fresh build, that should get you back to normal. (also options>sercurity>general>wipe phone may work)
    06-02-10 03:27 PM
    CMDA BlackBerry devices handle SMS differently than GSM BlackBerry devices. What you all are posting regarding the 8330 does not pertain to the 8320.
    06-02-10 05:34 PM
    Then I want the OP's SMS problem. Thanks MM.

06-02-10 09:32 PM
    That's what use happen to me once I hit the 160 mark I would have to start a whole new text... But I downloaded crunch sms and now I cab text as much as I want when I want so mabe you all should try that application

06-02-10 09:55 PM
    If I really have more than that to say I use the MMS or Email. But thank you just the same. It's always great to draw from the vast collection of experiences here.

06-02-10 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD