can someone please help me with this...
    I just got a curve 8310 yesterday. (I DONT HAVE INTERNET) I previously used a blackberry pearl and was very familiar with the desktop manager and media manager.
    When i installed the disk that came with the curve, it installed the same desktop manager.

here is the problem...
    when i plugged my phone into the computer, the normal mass storage device would pop up and recognize that a new device was plugged in. This did not happen. yes a little bubble came up in the corner that recognized it but when i tried to click it, nothing opened up.
    when i opened up the desktop manager and went into the media manager, to put my ring tones back on, it said that there was not a device plugged into the compute. It says removable disc ( E: ) but nothing else.

what do i do to make my computer able to recognize my phone when it is plugged into my computer. is there something i need to do to my phone? is there something i should download for my computer?

PLEASE HELP
    [/LIST]
    04-07-08 08:08 PM
    Are you using the switch device option in desktop manager?
    04-07-08 08:10 PM
    On your BB: Options > Media Card > Mass Storage Mode = ON;

Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected = ON
    04-07-08 08:12 PM
    Yeah, make sure you have the auto enable option to "ON." I don't know why, but even if you set Mass Media mode to on before syncing, yet you leave the auto feature set to anything but on, it will either not show up, or take forever to show up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-08 08:22 PM
    thansks for all your info everyone. its still doing the same thing...

when i go to options>media card... the following options are set like this... <I dont have a memory card also>

media card support: on
    encryption mode: device
    encrypt media files: yes
    mass storage mode support: on
    auto enable mass storage mode
    when connected: yes

when i originally plug my phone into my computer, a message pops up on my phone that says that the usb charge is not sufficient.

when i open up the desktop device, it finally shows that is is connected, but its still labeled as "removable device E" when i click on "my computer"
    04-08-08 09:54 AM
    also when i plug in the phone to the computer, a message pops up that says:
    "USB charging current is not sufficient. Verify that your hand held is connected to a powered usb charging source and that the proper USB driver is installed"
    04-08-08 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD