Hello, I just upgraded my pearl 8100 to the curve 8320 day before yesterday and i have a few concerns... My first concern is the wifi connection. Ok how exactly does it work??? will i be charged exrtra for using it? I already have an unlimited internet plan on my berry so would i even have any use for the wifi??? and i have heard a few stories that has creeped me out! like ppl can search thru your device while using bluetooth and wifi as well... please tell me that's not true!!! My other concern is... My blackberry messenger.. i could only add some of my friends back, others would just stay under ther pending list after i have been told that they have accepted my request, when they try to send me one i accept the request but they still just remain under the pending list. I have tried several battery pulls still no luck... Thank you all in advance for you time......
    12-28-08 09:28 AM
    I have the same problem with the pending friend request with one friend of mine and doesn't work. Wha service do. You have cuz verizon doesn't have wifi so I wouldn't know. But its possible anywhere someone can hack in

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 09:48 AM
    Wifi works of of your home internet router. Its good for when you dont have a signal on t-mobile network. As far as browsing the net with it...it doesnt cost anything. Making calls on wifi (UMA) does. If you dont have the hotspot @ home package it will take minutes from your standard plan. If you have the hotspot@home package its all free for the phone usage. Im sure its possible to have someone search thru your device on wifi...but its highly unlikely it ould happen. As far as the pending request how I got around it was deleted the request and had my friends do the same. Then both of us did a battery pull and after that only ONE of us did the request and it worked. Hope this help you out some.
    Last edited by rlp32; 12-28-08 at 09:58 AM. Reason: typo
    12-28-08 09:57 AM
    I have the same problem with the pending friend request with one friend of mine and doesn't work. Wha service do. You have cuz verizon doesn't have wifi so I wouldn't know. But its possible anywhere someone can hack in

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I PROLLY JUST WONT USE WIFI THEN...I JUST TURNED IT OFF...LIKE I SAID I HAVE UNLIMITED INTERNET ACCESS... I ONLY USE IT SOMETIMES ANYWAYS. AND I HAVE SERVICE WITH T-MOBILE...AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH THESE BB MESSENGERS.... MAY BE A BUG OR SOMETHING
    12-28-08 02:54 PM
    Wifi works of of your home internet router. Its good for when you dont have a signal on t-mobile network. As far as browsing the net with it...it doesnt cost anything. Making calls on wifi (UMA) does. If you dont have the hotspot @ home package it will take minutes from your standard plan. If you have the hotspot@home package its all free for the phone usage. Im sure its possible to have someone search thru your device on wifi...but its highly unlikely it ould happen. As far as the pending request how I got around it was deleted the request and had my friends do the same. Then both of us did a battery pull and after that only ONE of us did the request and it worked. Hope this help you out some.
    THANX A LOT... VERY INFORMATIVE!!!!! I TRIED A BAT PULL I DONT THINK MY FRIEND DID THO. UGH THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING... I MAY JUST GIVE T-MOBILE A RING... I ALSO HAD SOME FRIENDS PIN SAVE ON MY LIST INSTEAD OF THEIR NAME....
    12-28-08 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD