I post videos on a few sites. I went to one and downloaded the video to my Blackberry Curve. When I go to play the video it plays very slow and before it gets finished it gives me an error message, error attempting to play. What is causing this? Am I not able to play videos on my Blackberry?
    08-19-08 12:38 PM
    what os are you running? and what format and size are the videos?
    08-19-08 12:48 PM
    08-19-08 12:49 PM
    The videos are .wmv format and they are less than 5mb. As far as os, my laptop I upload from is Vista.
    08-19-08 12:52 PM
    did you use dm to move to your phone or did you just drop/drag?
    08-19-08 12:59 PM
    dm will convert optimize and size the video but its slow which why i use the converter mentioned above in post 3
    08-19-08 01:00 PM
    I don't know what dm is. All I did was click on the video link and save it to the Blackberry.
    08-19-08 01:01 PM
    DM=Desktop manager

and what os is you blackberry?
    08-19-08 01:03 PM
    DM=Desktop manager

and what os is you blackberry?
    didn't know dm doubt op know os but it's irrelevant old 4.2 will play a video
    08-19-08 01:07 PM
    i thought he was watching videos from a site, which is why i was asking if he was on 4.3 or 4.5

if he is just loading them from the pc, the you;re right, it doesn't matter...
    08-19-08 01:09 PM
    I have no idea what os. I just got the Blackberry Curve 8330 about three weeks ago, so it's whatever Verizon an Blackberry uses. Sorry, I'm technology challenged!!!!
    08-19-08 01:09 PM
    are you watching the videos online, or fron your memory card?
    08-19-08 01:19 PM
    OK if you haven't you should install desktop manager, its the disk that came with you phone. If you dont' have it down load it hereBlackBerry - Desktop Software - BlackBerry Desktop Software at BlackBerry.comlike I said this software will optimize vids for BB, as well as other stuff but one thing at a time. You should also be putting this video on a micro sd memory card in your phone not in the device memory. Now there is something about the video your phone doesn't like. could be the format the frame rate etc. Hence the error. Some will work just fine moving them over others don't. Once you convert it with either DM or BB Converter it should work fine.
    08-19-08 01:21 PM
    Ok, now I'm a little confused, sorry!!! I got the software disks with the phone. I installed them on my laptop but didn't do anything with them. My Blackberry is as it came from the store. Is there a desktop manager I'm suppose to be installing on my Blackberry myself??? I have a memory card but not sure how to get the videos saved on it. I've been saving them in the device memory. I just found out today how to save my pics to the memory card.
    08-19-08 01:25 PM
    Come on ya'll, don't give up on me!!!!!!!
    08-19-08 01:38 PM
    OK lets back up a bit...first you going to have to read up a bitNew Users Guide to CrackBerry.com | CrackBerry.comthe disk you installed is DM=desktop manager, should have an icon on your laptop connect phone with usb cable that came with it, and experiment a bit. You'll probably need to turn on mass storage too, options>media card should look like this
    Attachment 3781
    08-19-08 01:39 PM
    what benzworm was getting at was if you were trying to watch online videos like youtube. which is a common problem around here and a whole 'nother animal. we wont go there just yet.
    08-19-08 01:42 PM
    for people to help you they are going to want to know your O.S. or operating system version to find it go to options>about its the numbers i've highlighted.
    Attachment 3782
    08-19-08 01:48 PM
    It's v4.3.0.127. I haven't hooked up my Blackberry to my laptop yet. I'll try that when I get home and read up on it a bit.
    08-19-08 02:00 PM
    And I know this is off the subject but I see a guy posted a zip file for a free blackberry bartendar. Do I click on that link from my blackberry? And after I do how would I find it, unzip it, so it will work?
    08-19-08 02:02 PM
    no you'll have to download to your pc unzip it then install it on your phone with....da...tah...da....! Device manager! Hope I helped you more than confused you. Stick around keep askin' questions and you'll have it in no time!
    And Welcome to Crackberry!
    08-19-08 02:08 PM
    Thanks. I guess I just need to go home and work on the device manager. Thanks for all your guideance.
    08-19-08 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD