I download a 4 hour radio show into my 8330 and it will only play the first hour or so. This happens using the stock mp3 player and flipside so it must have something to do with the phone. I'm using a 16gb sd card and the phone plays back smaller files just fine. I can see the whole file is in the phone, has anyone had this issue?
    04-21-10 07:00 AM
    Can you play the whole thing on your PC from the card to verify the file is actually ok?
    04-21-10 07:59 AM
    Yes, just tried it on my win7 laptop and the entire file plays back fine through the card on the BB.
    04-21-10 08:14 AM
    Wow bummer. I don't know what to tell you. Can you try to refresh your music lib on the phone and see if it fixes it?
    04-21-10 08:15 AM
    I'll give it a try. What's strange is all long files do this. Is there a setting on the phone that puts some kind of limit on how big a mp3 (or any) file can be?
    04-21-10 08:18 AM
    I think there a lot of issues with the native player on CDMA Curves. I could never listen to anything long either, because any incoming call or message would stop it.

I have a suggestion for you. Try PodTrapper. (It has a 30 day trial period.) You should be able to use it to play your existing MP3s. (On the main screen, scroll to the bottom to Browse Other Files...)
    04-21-10 08:23 AM
    Excellent, I was looking for another media player and will give podtrapper a try.
    04-21-10 08:28 AM
    Well, I am now convinced this is something to do with the phone itself. I tried 3 different media players with the same results on all 3. It will play songs no problem but after 1 hour or so of a big mp3 it just starts over or if I try to ff to anything past 1 hour it starts over.
    04-21-10 07:46 PM
    I'm sorry PodTrapper didn't work. I have played several downloaded podcasts that were well over 1 hour long. If you still have PodTrapper installed, maybe you can find a long one to download. (another test)
    04-21-10 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD