Why do some users have their PIN posted in their avatar? I mean, for those of you that do it, are yall ok with having random folks just BB Message you at will?

Not trying to start a flamewar, but just curious!
    05-09-09 05:00 PM
    I had mine there until creepy people started BBMing me. Now I have to know you first before I give it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 05:03 PM
    I have never posted my PIN, I have seen lots of issues with people who do...

05-09-09 05:13 PM
    I would not even post any personal info that would allow anyone to contact me directly outside of the website. I was getting emails to my personal email account from here, as there is an options for people to do this. I deactivated this. If I want you to have the info, I will PM it.
    05-09-09 05:16 PM
    Severe is a creepy person who hasn't asked for my pin ie given me his.

05-09-09 05:16 PM
    20777f4f I have met sooo many nice people with bbs from all over the world-have shared photos and made many friends., hope any bad experiences any of you received won't keep you from posting / I personally think bbm rocks!! I'm rick, 44, from central calif., and I approve this message lol

Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 05-10-09 at 09:05 PM. Reason: fixed color
    05-09-09 07:31 PM
    Try [/color]

05-09-09 07:57 PM
    oooops again

05-09-09 08:00 PM
    I have mine up there waiting for the loonies....lol. I find its easier to be contacted by pin.
    05-09-09 08:30 PM
    I've had my PIN posted since I joined and have never had a problem.

Actually I've made a few friends
    05-09-09 08:37 PM
    I have also had mine up there since I joined. Have made a couple good friends and have had to ditch a few pervs along the way but all in all it's been fine.
    05-09-09 09:05 PM
    I used to have mine posted but after a few psychos here and there I felt it was best to just remove it. I"ll also say that I have met some amazing ppl through this site and made some great friends...
    05-09-09 09:24 PM
    I have yet to give anyone my PIN # on here. I was looking under cb social forums pin sharing and people would say their asl and I'm not a creep and this that and the other. Screw that.

05-09-09 10:38 PM
    I have my PIN posted in ONE thread on this whole site And it's pretty darn buried in the history so I doubt anyone will find it now. I agree and believe I once started a thread with the same exact question. I don't like giving out my phone number either--even to people I know in person!

Kinda funny though--anyone given out their PIN one number off?? Like giving your number to someone you don't to give it to??
    05-09-09 10:42 PM
    **** I have mine posted and have only had random adds I'm not worried send. Me a message ill talk bout what ever lol

05-09-09 10:44 PM
    I've got mine posted and have only received messages from a few people who were pretty cool. Guess its just down to personal preference.

05-10-09 02:36 PM
    I've had mine posted and never had any problems. yet

05-10-09 03:33 PM
    I've had my PIN posted since I joined and have never had a problem.

Actually I've made a few friends

ditto, but no friends, except for platinum and raylol

other than that, just pre-berry friends, and co-workers
    05-10-09 03:37 PM
    mine has been posted from the jump
    its not very hard to deny a request or delete somebody thats being silly
    i have had several random people add me to ask for help with their device....
    i equate it to a stranger knowing your address....you may know where i live but that doesnt mean i'm going to let you in my house
    05-10-09 04:01 PM
    Never had a problem with it. I love random requests. I've helped many people with bb problems and made great bbm relationships with people. Really keeps me busy all day and I always have some thing to do in my off time.
    05-10-09 07:49 PM
    Kinda cool when your on bbm with people all over the world with the time and date differentials- have a girl I talk to in guam, some girls in england., talk to them when chilln at work sometimes-makes the world seem a little smaller, sweeeet....

05-10-09 09:03 PM
    Don't you have to accept a friend on BB messenger? Well I have had my PIN listed and never had a problem yet...knock on wood.

05-10-09 09:08 PM
    I am on WAP, so I can't see avatars. Are the ones reporting no problems male or female?

05-10-09 09:11 PM
    Funny how you put your pin out there and maybe an area code ( I said central calif ) and I have only two localish bbm friends rest are from east coast or other parts of the world.... Where are the west coast or calif bbms? Fun talking to whoever would just be nice to talk to some closer bbm friends..

05-10-09 09:24 PM
    As an aside - can someone, using your PIN, determine who you REALLY are - in the real world? I mean, is there any way for someone to take your PIN number and tie it back to it's owner? Just curious (I'm like that ... lol)

M
    05-10-09 11:29 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD