Can I set a notification for a message sent from a specific PIN?
    12-31-07 10:30 PM
    Not sure exactly what your meaning by this, you get notifications when PIN messages are sent to you, but from my understanding of your post, your looking to get a notification when you send one??
    12-31-07 11:58 PM
    I think he wants to get a notification when a message from a specific pin # is sent to him. I'm not sure that is possible, but I haven't really gotten into BB messenger yet.
    01-01-08 12:30 AM
    Ahh, ya notification for a "specific" pin is not possible, the option to change the "tone" or "notification" is generic for all PIN messages sent, their is no way to differentiate them.
    01-01-08 12:32 AM
    You should be able too. Pin is stored as your contact in your address book, so you should be able to set different notification for each of your contacts.
    Go to your profile and set different notification for a particular user, or go to your address book and choose different tone for your contact.
    01-01-08 12:35 AM
    You cannot set notifications for different contacts in your address book. You can set custom ringtunes for contacts but not for messages.

There is a work around for giving PIN messages a different tone than other messages. You can go to Messages >Options >General Options and make PIN messages Level 1. Then go to Profiles >Advanced >Edit and give Level 1 messages a different notification.
    01-01-08 02:35 AM
    There's a better solution here. Just delete the contacts you usually don't chat with and keep the ones you want to "supposedly" assign a special tone to.

Simple and no headache!
    01-01-08 02:44 AM
    I suppose there is more than one way to skin a catt!

aha ha ha ha ah ha! *slaps knee*

My address book is my rolodex, though...my life is in there and everyone I know is there. Without it I'd be lost.
    01-01-08 02:54 AM
    I suppose there is more than one way to skin a catt!

aha ha ha ha ah ha! *slaps knee*

Darn, I don't have a comeback!
    01-01-08 02:59 AM
    I should have gone to bed when I told you I was going to.. hahaha

Now there is no way I can sleep without getting back at you... grrrrr!

Now I remember the time when I used to feed you comebacks on Stinsonddog. Oops, am I supposed to say that?
    01-01-08 03:01 AM
    Thanks for all the tips, folks.
    01-01-08 04:21 PM
    tabcourt, if you have some free time and it isn't too much of a hassle, you can actually do assign different PIN notification to different contacts.

To do this, you have to create a different profile for which you can set a different PIN notification and then use that profile on your contacts when you add them to your exceptions.
    01-01-08 09:59 PM
    01-01-08 10:06 PM
    all of this sounds like too much work lol
    01-01-08 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD