Hello I am new to the forum
    I recently purchased a used BB 8330 for my girlfriend who is currently on verizon.
    We activated it on her account added the BB data Package and everything.
    Phone works fine
    Only problem is that she cant register her email on the phone or use the internet because the phone is asking for a pin.
    When i called the person I purchased it off of he said that he registered the pin with blackberry when he first bought the phone and he is under the impression that once you do that the phone is locked to that person for life.
    I wanted to see if there is anyway around this beside putting in a claim and getting a new phone.
    Thanks in advance
    10-07-08 12:46 PM
    No, the PIN is "locked" to the device itself for life, not the person who owns it first. What you need to do is delete the old user's email off the phone.
    10-07-08 12:48 PM
    How do I do that?
    I was under the impression the person I had bought it off of had "wiped" the entire phone clean before he sold it to me
    Thanks again
    10-07-08 12:50 PM
    Just have to call in and have the pin released so that you can start your own email accounts on the Berry
    10-07-08 01:07 PM
    Well, yeah you could call your carrier... But you can also delete the account via the email settings on the device itself.
    10-07-08 01:09 PM
    How do I do that?
    I was under the impression the person I had bought it off of had "wiped" the entire phone clean before he sold it to me
    Thanks again

Go to options>General settings> Menu> select Wipe Handheld
    10-07-08 01:09 PM
    This option is actual under the Security Menu, not just general settings.

And I honestly think the OP needs to try to delete the email address from the device before wiping the handheld.
    10-07-08 01:12 PM
    Before wiping the whole device i would just tryto delete the email like jenaywins said. if that doesnt work then call the carrier and have them change the email for you. You dont have to swipe the device. And even when you swipe the device it still is gonna be registered to that email on your bis
    10-07-08 01:14 PM
    Before wiping the whole device i would just tryto delete the email like jenaywins said. if that doesnt work then call the carrier and have them change the email for you. You dont have to swipe the device. And even when you swipe the device it still is gonna be registered to that email on your bis
    Absolutely correct as per usual, tae.
    10-07-08 01:15 PM
    Just have to call in and have the pin released so that you can start your own email accounts on the Berry
    tryed that already
    was on the phone with verizon for an hour they said the they cant release the pin for some reason

how do i delete it from the phone?
    10-07-08 01:35 PM
    tryed that already
    was on the phone with verizon for an hour they said the they cant release the pin for some reason

how do i delete it from the phone?
    Again, you will need to go in and delete the account via the email settings on your device.
    10-07-08 01:37 PM
    Go to options>Security Options>General settings> Menu> select Wipe Handheld....
    I was in a hurry so forgot to type in the Security options part. I just went through the same situation a few weeks ago and deleteing the prior owner alone did not work (atleast for me!) so I had to do both... I havnt had a problen since.
    10-07-08 01:39 PM
    Go to options>Security Options>General settings> Menu> select Wipe Handheld....
    I was in a hurry so forgot to type in the Security options part. I just went through the same situation a few weeks ago and deleteing the prior owner alone did not work (atleast for me!) so I had to do both... I havnt had a problen since.
    Once again swiping the device will not clear the email address attached to the pin itself.
    10-07-08 01:46 PM
    Tae, I said that in my situation I had to do both first I deleted the prior owners info then I went in to email set up and deleted the prior owners email set up, but for some reason that did not seem to work until I did a handheld wipe. dosnt hurt to try both if one is not working! worked for me
    10-07-08 01:56 PM
    all i had to do was delete the service books for the email address i had prior to giving my wife mine, then resend your service books via the vzw email setup website and you should be golden.
    10-07-08 02:01 PM
    The PIN is registered with the previous owner's account, and wiping doesn't do anything. The previous owner hasn't switched BBs or changed PINs so it is still locked to that account.
    10-07-08 02:02 PM
    I had the same issue with a Pearl I bought. Had to contact the person that I bought it from and they called carrier to get them to release it. I didn't try to do it via device. That would have been quicker.
    10-07-08 02:03 PM
    The PIN is registered with the previous owner's account, and wiping doesn't do anything. The previous owner hasn't switched BBs or changed PINs so it is still locked to that account.
    You CANNOT switch PINs. PINs are assigned to devices, not individuals. AGAIN - the OP needs to delete the email account from his device.
    10-07-08 02:09 PM
    You CANNOT switch PINs. PINs are assigned to devices, not individuals. AGAIN - the OP needs to delete the email account from his device.
    I give up lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 02:12 PM
    I give up lol

Sigh, me too tae, me too...
    10-07-08 02:13 PM
    Just.Follow.The.Deletion.Steps.For.Email

LOL

Again, as its been said many times, PINS are not for the account holder, its for the device.
    10-07-08 02:14 PM
    I had the same issue with a Pearl I bought. Had to contact the person that I bought it from and they called carrier to get them to release it. I didn't try to do it via device. That would have been quicker.
    Ya the guy i bought it off of tryed that also
    he called verizon and they said he needed to contact BB
    Will wiping the phone delete all the contacts?
    10-07-08 02:14 PM

Have you tried to delete the email stuff as posted?
    10-07-08 02:15 PM
    Have you tried to delete the email stuff as posted?
    My guess is that the answer is no, he hasn't.
    10-07-08 02:16 PM
    Yes it will delete everything on the phone except the default email.. Aha. Lol

10-07-08 02:17 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD