I had a treo 755 before. everytime i received a pic the quality looked pretty good. now that i get pics on my curve the pics seem a lil blurry. is that just a few of the drawbacks of a blackberry?
    02-07-09 06:25 PM
    pitcures I recieve look fine on my blackberry but I have never used a treo. Compared to my last phone (LG) its a step up
    02-07-09 06:32 PM
    I have Sprint too and pictures come out pretty blurry for me. But even with the new MMS update it seems like I can't quite recieve pic messages still. I get taken to a link which says it can't open up the image because of Javascript or something. Anyone know what I should do? I resent my service book and did some battery pulls but still have this issue.
    02-08-09 10:12 AM
    The BB Curve's don't have many color resolutions to show all images. So if the image is large, the BB processor can only render it with the colors it has, which make the images look distorted/blochy/grainy/crappy. At the same time, if the image is built for the size of the blackberry, where it can handle up to 65K colors, or 320x240 resolution, then you will be able to see a clear picture.
    02-08-09 10:23 AM
    Make sure the lens is clean! At tiny piece of dust or lint will make it blurry.
    Take a Q-tip, moisten it with windex (don't soak it), and then twist it gently on the lens.
    I bet the quality will improve.
    Last edited by dm3ready; 02-08-09 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Oops...just realized your questions was about incoming pics.
    02-08-09 01:06 PM
    I have Sprint too and pictures come out pretty blurry for me. But even with the new MMS update it seems like I can't quite recieve pic messages still. I get taken to a link which says it can't open up the image because of Javascript or something. Anyone know what I should do? I resent my service book and did some battery pulls but still have this issue.
    Sounds like you need to enable Javascript on your Browser options.
    02-08-09 01:08 PM
    Part of the problem I have seen with pic quality I've seen appears to be related to the sender's device. I have received pics from my daughter, who has a Razr v6m, and when the Curve renders the pic, it tries to format the pics for our screen, or so it seems. My wife has sent me pics from her Pearl memory, and they do this too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD