I have a Curve 8330 (OS 4.5.0.170, if that matters).

I took a picture last night, BBM'ed it to a friend (nothing sexual, relax), and went to delete it, but it says "This file is in use". It still says that today. Any idea why it is saying that, and how I can delete it?
    10-14-09 12:19 PM
    do a battery pull, that will shut down anything running in the background. delete it when it reboots. that should fix it up.
    10-14-09 12:51 PM
    i think the bbm convo is what is stopping you from deleting it, but the battery pull is always a good thing
    10-14-09 01:13 PM
    do a battery pull, that will shut down anything running in the background. delete it when it reboots. that should fix it up.
    It worked! Thanks mungera.
    10-14-09 01:15 PM
    I have that same prob. I've got a vid that just won't go away. Tried everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 02:02 PM
    I have that same prob. I've got a vid that just won't go away. Tried everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I had that same issue, didn't even know what the vid was... apparently it was in some endless loop (a virus maybe?) and i couldn't get it to stop playing.. make sure the video is STOPPED, not PAUSED, and then delete it.

And you did try a a battery pull?
    Is it on your memory card? If nothing else works try connecting it to your PC (or mac), enable mass storage mode, open the drive the is your berry on the PC and delete it that way...
    10-14-09 03:21 PM
    It worked! Thanks mungera.
    Sweet. The battery pull is your friend. Just about everything that makes you think 'no whats the deal with it doing that?" is fixed with a pull.
    Good hunting. Ha
    10-14-09 03:22 PM
    I had same problem and after all attempts both rebooting, switching application and removing the memory card failed. I got around it by deleting the persons contact and when I went back to delete the picture I was successful...Goodluck guys
    01-10-11 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD