Haven't figured out how to send picture messages on my 8330. Have checked the web to no avail. When I click the menu button while viewing a picture the only option is to email the pic. Am I going about this all wrong?
    01-30-09 01:13 PM
    Sprint doesn't allow mms for their blackberrys right now.
    01-30-09 01:15 PM
    I wonder why they sold me so hard on "unlimited picture messaging".
    01-30-09 01:17 PM
    They lied to you ! Lol
    01-30-09 01:20 PM
    Yea they did they actually should have sold you the blackberry package that comes w/o the picture messaging, just call & have them remove the picture messaging you have no use for it unless people send you pics all the time.
    01-30-09 04:38 PM
    Don't fret!! You can still send picture mails, but you have to send it as an email to the recipient's phone picture mail address. It sounds confusing, but it there is a set format based on who the recipient has as a carrier. For example, if they have Sprint, you just have to send your media file as an email to [email protected], and they will receive it just like a regular picture mail. There are a whole bunch of different formats for the various carriers! Just ask your contacts what their carrier is and you should be all set.

Good luck!!
    01-30-09 04:44 PM
    you can still send pic just through emails. And if the person sah a bb you can use there pin number to send a pic
    01-30-09 05:03 PM
    I just cant understand why sprint's mms doesnt work. They are just pushing people over to other companies. Verizon and my BBCurve seem like the perfect pair.
    01-30-09 05:05 PM
    Verizon and my BBCurve seem like the perfect pair.
    You should change your UserID to Dr.Masochistic if you're going to Verizon. Enjoy the extra $20/mo. for picture mail and a crippled GPS. Maybe that's all worth it to you though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 06:44 PM
    Amen prosqtor

01-30-09 07:33 PM
    I was told sprint is going to add mms soon, not sure how true but we will see...
    01-30-09 08:21 PM
    ya actually ive been bugging my local sprint store about it, and there was supposed to be an update on the 8330 to where you can mms pictures in late december early jan, but i went back since now it is almost february and they just recieved notice that some of the bugs were still not worked out yet so by end of march they should have it available
    01-30-09 11:06 PM
    Irfy, for the most part Sprint CSRs know know very little about the timeline for upcoming products, doubly so when it comes to BBs. Ask 4 different CSRs the same question and I guarantee you'll get 4 different answers. Believe me, I've tried it. Check out the Sprint forum. You'll see what I mean.

01-30-09 11:44 PM
    No one gets any solid information about this or the official Sprint version of the 4.5 OS

As someone above me just said, go look for yourself at buzzaboutwireless which is Sprint's forums. Look at all the ruckus by myself and others over not having MMS on the phones.
    01-31-09 03:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD