I am a total newbie, so have a little patience. I can't send or receive pic messages, and yesterday my sister tried to send me a video which I never got. Any ideas?
    11-15-08 09:46 AM
    Sned yourself one, see if you get it, if not you will have to call tmobile for provisioning.
    11-15-08 09:47 AM
    I am a total newbie, so have a little patience. I can't send or receive pic messages, and yesterday my sister tried to send me a video which I never got. Any ideas?
    Do you have a text message plan?
    Do you have a data plan?
    Are you able to get email attachments?

As the wonderful Rachel suggests, send yourself a SMS as a test.
    Also send yourself an EMAIL/MMS message with a picture attacthed to see if you get it.

Make sure you have a plan that allows for this, or your tests will cost you money for each SMS, MMS and EMAIL you send and receive. A call to customer service will get you the answer if you do not know. Just ask them if you are able to send and receive text and email without a per item charge.
    11-15-08 12:35 PM
    Da Bear
    Thanks...I do have unlimited everything on my plan.

While we're at it, I'll show you just how new I am to all this - what's the difference between MMS & SMS?

Anyway, I tried sending myself a couple of things with no luck. I'm gonna call TMobile, I guess.

Thanks!
    11-15-08 02:48 PM
    SMS is text messaging and

MMS is mutlimedia messaging.
    11-15-08 04:29 PM
    I have found sending myself....something to the email addy on the phone...from the phone....just never seems to work. But I can send a pic or video from my work email to my personal email and have no problem.
    Vice versa as well.
    11-16-08 06:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD