Ok, I'm probably being a dummy here, but it won't be the first time...

I've taken a bunch of photos on BB and now want to transfer them to my Laptop (ibook, but shouldn't make a difference).
    I connect BB to laptop via USB and have 'Mass Storage Mode' on as this is how I've transferred music etc TO BB before.
    However, in Options/Media Card it does say 'The Media Card is not available because Mass Storage Mode is currently in use'..... but if it's off, I can't transfer, right?

On the laptop it shows BB as an external hard-drive with 5 folders:
    music, pictures, ringtones, system, videos - but the photos aren't in any of them.

I have Bluetooth on the laptop if that helps.

Please give charitably to the noob
    07-15-08 11:44 AM
    The Media card is not accesible through the device when plugged into the PC and with Mass Storage Mode on. However you should still be able to see the media thats on your card via the PC. Just drag the pictures onto your media card.
    07-15-08 11:52 AM
    1. NDO is quite right. When the phone is plugged intot the USB and MAss Storage Mode is on, the PC will see the phone as a USB drive. During this time the phone cannot access the card.

2. Where are the photos? If they are not stored on the Media Card, then MAss Media Mode will not help because the photos are on the device and you cannot access Device Memory from Mass Media Mode. If this is the case then you need to copy them (one at a time unfortunately) from the Device Memory to the Media Card. Once this is done then you should 'see' the photos on the Media Card on your mac.

3. If the photos are already on the Media Card then there is a problem and I am not sure what it is.
    07-15-08 12:01 PM
    Hi and thanks for the reply.

Without BB on Mass Storage it doesn't show up on the PC... it doesn't appear to register at all.
    On BB it shows that it's charging but that's all...

Any clues?
    07-15-08 12:02 PM
    Here's a step-by-step guide for this. Try it out, and let us know at what point you get stuck (if you do)

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/mana...ry-card-40468/
    07-15-08 12:05 PM
    1. NDO is quite right. When the phone is plugged intot the USB and MAss Storage Mode is on, the PC will see the phone as a USB drive. During this time the phone cannot access the card.

2. Where are the photos? If they are not stored on the Media Card, then MAss Media Mode will not help because the photos are on the device and you cannot access Device Memory from Mass Media Mode. If this is the case then you need to copy them (one at a time unfortunately) from the Device Memory to the Media Card. Once this is done then you should 'see' the photos on the Media Card on your mac.

3. If the photos are already on the Media Card then there is a problem and I am not sure what it is.
    Pete I believe you can access the deivce memory on the unit if you use Roxio Media Manager.

If the Photos are saved on device memory then launch Roxio Media Manager and you will see Device memory above Media Card.
    07-15-08 12:07 PM
    Thanks for all your efforts folks!
    I've transferred them in-phone to another folder and now I can get them off in MS-mode.
    I Love Crackberry!
    07-15-08 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD