took a shower i think it got moisture inside ....now it works for about a minute after i leave alone for a day or so. will not work after that ....i must wait again for it too work for a min any suggestions? no insurace
    what should i try? willing to try anything
    05-12-09 02:30 AM
    You might as well seal the BB and battery in a ziploc bag of uncooked rice for those 2 days. The rice will draw any moisture out of the BB.

It may work, but you are likely to get problems at a later date.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 02:34 AM
    Honestly the best answer is to buy a new one and don't take
    that one in the bathroom or shower. Why people do this is
    completely beyond me.
    05-12-09 02:36 AM
    alright i have been told to try this....and i will ......some have told me it may also be the battery and that i should get it replaced....might it be?
    05-12-09 02:38 AM
    You might as well seal the BB and battery in a ziploc bag of uncooked rice for those 2 days. The rice will draw any moisture out of the BB.

It may work, but you are likely to get problems at a later date.
    Usually this is good advice if applied immediately. From the sound of the OP
    the battery was never taken out, the phone was never allowed to dry out,
    and the phone constantly had power making the damage all but certainly irreversible.
    05-12-09 02:39 AM
    well alright thx i did put it in rice .....back to the pre-paid :/ xD
    05-12-09 02:45 AM
    Usually this is good advice if applied immediately. From the sound of the OP
    the battery was never taken out, the phone was never allowed to dry out,
    and the phone constantly had power making the damage all but certainly irreversible.
    That's all true, but the OP has nothing to lose at this point. And the rice won't cause any further damage. They might as well give it a shot and say their prayers.

05-12-09 02:47 AM
    well alright thx i did put it in rice .....back to the pre-paid :/ xD
    Make sure the battery is out of the BB.

05-12-09 02:48 AM
    One time I dropped my moto krzr k1m Cricket phone in the toilet when I was drunk I took it out rinsed it off under water than dried it out for half hour or so and it kept working for another year and a half than I sold it they had it for a year and than it died.
    05-12-09 03:22 AM
    So when stuff like that happens are we supposed to put the phone without the battery in a zip lock bag and into a bowl of uncooked rice? Or put the phone ITSELF (no zip lock bag) in the bowl of uncooked rice? I've heard different ways but I want to be clear in case I decide to do something stupid to my phone.

05-12-09 09:42 AM
    So when stuff like that happens are we supposed to put the phone without the battery in a zip lock bag and into a bowl of uncooked rice? Or put the phone ITSELF (no zip lock bag) in the bowl of uncooked rice? I've heard different ways but I want to be clear in case I decide to do something stupid to my phone.

Either put the phone into a bowl of uncooked rice, or seal the phone in a bag of uncooked rice. The thinking is that the rice will absorb out moisture faster if it is sealed off from the surrounding air, which also contains some moisture (humidity).
    05-12-09 01:31 PM
    Thanks mucho

05-12-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD