Hello, this is my first post, I just bought a used 8310 from a bidding website, and the problem ive got is the phone is usable as long as not much is being done on it, but when you start using apps like fb, msn, bbm and others(not at once) somehow the phone shuts down itself without any warning, and it cant be turned on unless its plugged to electricity or battery is removed and replaced, only to be shut down in short time after its turned on, for it to be somehow usable for some time more it must be charged for a few. I checked the status option and its got plenty free space(24mb) ive spent countless hours researching for the same problem online, and many say its the OS, but ive downgraded it, then ugraded it, rebooted it, master rebooted it, done everything to it but technically nothing works(after OS upgrade it worked perfectly with apps for around 3 hours). Oh and i forgot to say battery compsuption seems quite high, after its done charging its at 100%, then use msn and fb for around and hour and goes down to 80% couple of shut downs and turn ons after its at 5%. So, anyone has an idea what the problem might be? I dont want to buy a new battery to later find out its the phone that its deffective, and if its deffective anyone had any luck repairing it? thanks for your help.
    Forgot to add, the phone works perfectly while plugged in to an outlet or pc, it does not shut itself off at all.
    01-21-10 11:07 PM
    Sounds like a bad battery, notice how it has no problems when it as a external source of electricity. Google how to test your battery, I'm unaware how to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 01:32 AM
    The fact that it works fine while on a charger is the biggest clue that you have an old battery that has at least one bad cell.

Buy a new battery and you should be good.

I've had good experiences buying from Amazon sellers. You can probably find a new battery for under $10 including shipping.
    Last edited by xliderider; 01-22-10 at 02:11 AM.
    01-22-10 01:57 AM
    Little update, after writing this topic yesterday night i went on and reinstalled the latest OS and later making a master reset, since then the phone has been on(its been around 22 hours now) even tho, phone hasnt been used for more than 2 minutes at once since then. Im afraid if i use it for longer it will only proceed to shutting itself off and i kinda wanted to see how long battery would drain itself off, any ideas to what can it be now? does this change anythiing at all?
    01-22-10 08:21 PM
    Small update, phones been on for around 42 hours now with minor to none use at all since last OS and master reset, i want to be positive about it being fixed but dont want to start running apps to see if it turns off, any suggestion? should i run apps to see if it turns off? should i just let the battery dain itself? Oh and btw will data plan cause it to shut down, because for the little time i had it with a data plan it started to turn off, but canceled it and since then it turned off twice but nothng more..please help
    01-23-10 03:12 PM
    I had this same problem, my 8330 curve was shutting down 4,5,6 times a day whether I was using it or not. I couldn't talk on the phone because it would shut off. I was so frustrated! I tried everything the forum suggested! I did the battery pull (several times) I even bought the seidio 1500 mh battery that was recommended, but nothing helped! Finally I decided to upgrade my OS to the new 5.0......it's great...I have not had any problems since the upgrade! This truely worked for me. I hope this will help everyone that is suffering with the same problem.
    02-14-10 10:39 PM
    Battery. Mine started doing all of what you described, and my spare battery has put it to rest. My Curve is 14 months old and started going haywire Friday, got progressively worse through yesterday. My last recourse was the spare after I eliminated everything else that I suspected was the culprit. It was battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 11:15 PM
    i can't imagine having a phone�or a BB for that matter�and only using it for a few minutes at a time??? that's just insane. it's as though you're walking on eggshells with your own phone.

imo, from what others have suggested, i think upgrading the OS probably won't solve your problem. it sounds like a bad battery to me.

have you spoken to the original seller of this problem to see if they know anything about it? did they disclose this in their auction? if you purchased it on ebay, my advice is return it and get your money back. or just spend the few bucks it'll cost to get a battery replacement.
    02-15-10 08:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD