I have had several Verizon smart phones over the past 10 years, mostly winmo, and my BB 8330 is my first BlackBerry, and I love it. In the past I have purchased some screen protectors, and occasionally skins for the whole phone, but have in general found them to be unnecessary. Therefore, I did not purchase either for my 8330 and have been shocked by the wear and tear it has taken over the past 4 months. Scratches on the back, nicks on the screen, etc. I don't know if it is quality or the fact I am more likely to throw it in my pocket or on my hip since I am less likely to be separated from it compared to my other phones. I am waiting for the Verizon Curve update (8930?) and will get that, but I will be much more apt to purchase a skin or something next time.

Is that a common experience?
    03-06-09 09:41 PM
    I do no use a kine or case, I do use a leather belt holster though. It always in there unless it is on my desk at work or at home. I do not have much wear and tare, but then I do not place in a pocket either. When I place it down it is done gently, no tossing.
    03-06-09 09:54 PM
    Yes. At least for me it was! I got my 8330 in December and within the month there were scratches on the screen and casing. Screen could be because it is raised as opposed to the Razr I had before that was more sunken in. Just today I purchased a screen protector and hard casing for it. Love the phone, it's just more high maintenance than I'm used to. The hard plastic casing is super-lightweight and well worth the money. Another plus is that the screen protector has made my screen look brand new! Wish I would have done this two months ago!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 09:59 PM
    Screen protector with a leather hoster. Not a scratch on it. I am just super careful with all electronics. If you put it in your pocket a sleeve would be beneficial...
    03-06-09 10:06 PM
    I went with the body glove case that verizon was selling. I did not want to go too long with out a case and the price was fair with a discount I had. I dropped my phone twice with in my first two days. I'm glad I bought the case! So far I like it. It has a built in screen protector and it's "grippy" feeling. I can put it on the dash board at work and it won't slide (even in a bumpy dump truck).
    03-06-09 11:11 PM
    Body Glove has some nice cases. So does otterbox...
    03-06-09 11:14 PM
    I have used the Invisible Shield. It is super durable and you can barely tell it is on the phone. It was designed to protect helicopter blades in combat so you know it is good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD