How can i remove the menu code lock put in by my boss ? Its my phone, but i use the phone for work and she put a code in , just in case it gets stolen or somethng.
    My phone is a curve 320.
    Thanks.
    10-17-08 09:44 AM
    The only code I know of that can be changed from the blackberry is the main lockout code that must be entered to access the device at all. Anything else put in a deeper level must have been done by your IT department.
    10-17-08 10:06 AM
    And is there any way i can remove what the IT department put on it ?
    10-17-08 10:47 AM
    You can remove the IT Policy and get in a lot of trouble from your company... DON'T DO IT!!!
    10-17-08 10:50 AM
    The best way to get rid of the company IT Policy - if this is what it is, would be to go to the IT dept and have them remove your phone from the company BES system. They must also remove their IT Policy completely since the phone belongs to you. You must insist on this.
    10-17-08 11:09 AM
    they might not do it if you have sensitive work data... you might have to request a work blackberry and have yours taken off the BES
    10-17-08 11:13 AM
    Good point mr. worm. I was kinda thinking along the lines of 'gimme my phone back. I don;t want to play password on your corportate system any more.'

Of course have two BlackBerrys is much better than one - I shoulda thought.
    10-17-08 11:16 AM
    lol

i'd say it is worth a shot...
    10-17-08 11:25 AM
    They might relieve the device of the password and relieve the employee of his employment all at the same time. Proceed with due caution.
    10-17-08 11:26 AM
    They might relieve the device of the password and relieve the employee of his employment all at the same time. Proceed with due caution.
    The phone is privately owned and is not company property. The issue here is that the OP does not wish a password on the phone. If (as is not clear) the phone has been attached to a BES system then removal from BES is the only to get rid of the password. The BES Admn must also remove the IT Policy at the same time. The phone then reverts to the OP for personal use.

There is a second scenario here and the OP has not clarified this but it could be that the OP's boss has just stuck a password on the OP's BlackBerry.

We wait for more information.

Nonetheless you are quite right to point out that IT Policy removal from a company used (not even owned) is a one of the faster ways out of a company.
    10-17-08 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD