First of hello and thank you to everyone this site has been most helpful with mine and my wifes new bb curve 8310. I am having trouble moving picture from my phone to the media. I can due this through the media manager but just wondering if you can from the phone itself. I go to media>explore>phone memory>select a picture>options>move it does not give my the choice to move it to the media card. I have search the formums but no go. I know it is only one at a time. Please help
    10-03-08 12:49 PM
    Check your Media Card settings:
    Option / Media Card
    Is the Media Card Support set to On?

Also, download "Mobile File Manager" (FREE) which acts like windows explorer. You can move all kinds of media files between internal memory and your SD card.
    10-03-08 01:06 PM
    Thank You!! My media support is on. I will download the file manager later. do I have to have the flie manager?
    10-03-08 01:16 PM
    No, you can still use the Media application to move files. The file manager I mentioned is a 3rd party app. that makes it easier (for me anyway) to view and move files.

Also, Do you have your camera set to automatically save pics to your SD card?
    10-03-08 01:18 PM
    yes the camera is set to save to the media card i stlli can not move from phone to card. matbe you could give me a guide for bb dummies (lol)..
    10-03-08 02:13 PM
    Hmmm. Have you tried a reset? Pull the battery out of the phone (while the phone is on) and leave it out for a minute. Put it back in and wait a couple of minutes to let the phone cycle through the reset. Then try it again.

Don't worry, the only dumb questions are the unasked ones!
    10-03-08 02:17 PM
    thanks. no i have not tried it but my wifes phone is the same did i mention that i can go from the media card to the phone, I went to the sore where I got it from and the owner has the same phone and he can't move from the phone to the card either!!
    10-03-08 02:25 PM
    Ouch - sounds like an issue with the phone.

Good luck!
    10-03-08 02:27 PM
    Thanks for all your help and time
    10-03-08 02:38 PM
    I have Vista... and I prefer to move my files from place to place (BBerry to Explorer folder of choice and back, etc.) directly through Windows Explorer. There are several great apps. out there that make it simple, but if you're familiar with Explorer, that's all you need. Just locate BBerry, which Explorer should recognize as an "external media drive" and you can move files back and forth, as well as organize them as you wish.

Have fun!
    10-04-08 02:21 AM
    Go to Media, press Menu and select Explore. This is the built in file manager. Now navigate to the source file, press Menu and select copy (or Move). Now navigate to your destination folder on the Media Card and Copy or Move the file to its new home. You need to do this one file at a time I'm afraid but this is the only way to do the job.

You cannot access the phone's Device Memory from your PC. Only the Media Card is thus accessible.
    10-04-08 07:56 AM
    Excellent! I had to do this on my daughter's phone, as we had just gotten her a media card, and all her pix and a handful of songs were on the device memory. The explorer is exactly what I needed. Thanks Pete!!!
    10-04-08 10:50 AM
    Hi Bob,

Looks like that app no longer exist:

The Rove website has recently been restructured and redesigned.

If you are looking for Mobile SSH or Mobile Desktop, please note that the functionality of both products has been integrated into our flagship product, Mobile Admin.

Learn more about Mobile Admin at: Rove Mobile - Mobile Admin Overview

If you are looking for Mobile File Manager or Mobile Citrix Client, please note that both products have been discontinued.
    10-04-08 11:28 AM
    The good news is that you only need to do this once. When you want to move files from your PC to your Berry, plug it into your usb port, make sure you enable Mass Storage Mode. Then Windows Explorer will see your berry's media card as an external drive that you can drag and drop files onto. You can also use your berry to transport files between PCs. To simplify things, I set my Mass Storage mode to Auto -- options-media card-auto enable mass storage mode - select yes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-08 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD