Hey there, I just got my curve last week and it I seem to discover a new glitch daily. For some reason my phone log will mysteriously disappear (in concert with all my text messages.) Today, for example, I had 2 missed calls and then went to my phone log and there was nothing. And there were no text messages either (I had a ton from just a few hours before. I have them set to delete after 15 days). Any suggestions?
    03-14-08 03:16 PM
    it seems you are out of memory..

do a forum search on call logs dissappearing...

ther are dozens of threads on this.

you need to clean up your berry's memory..

-db
    03-14-08 03:18 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

You may be running low on space. First thing I would do is check the file free on your device - click on the Options icon, then Status - what is File Free?

Then I would do a hard reset (remove battery while device is on, leave out 20 seconds, put back in device and let it boot up).

Now check the File Free again - did it go up?

If you are using he camera, make sure you have a memory card to store the pics on - you will very quickly run out of memory if you use the device memory.
    03-14-08 03:19 PM
    Yep, it's an "undocumented feature" (read: bug) in the Pearls and Curves. Memory leak. We're all hoping the new OS, whenever it's released, will clean this up. Meanwhile, do what Juwaack68 said.
    03-14-08 03:21 PM
    03-14-08 03:38 PM
    thanks all. in the meantime, how do i delete applications like handango?
    03-14-08 03:40 PM
    If you installed them over the air, you can click on Options, Advanced Options, then Applications. Find it in the list and delete it.
    03-14-08 03:42 PM
    nice one teek...

-db
    03-14-08 03:45 PM
    yeah thats hilarious teek!
    03-14-08 07:05 PM
    wow teek, everyone should do that lol
    03-14-08 07:15 PM
    Really cool,

Good job buddy
    03-14-08 10:15 PM
    Doesn't really matter how much available memory you have.
    It's the CURVE's nature - it consumes TOO MUCH memory.
    For a tiny and powerful gadget that is a computer in itself, I guess that is expected.

I now just use my CURVE for phone calls, texting and push mails.
    I have 23MB FREE FILE after I do a battery pull.
    In 15 minutes or so, I am down to 14MB to 10MB.
    And call log??? GONE...

I got a replacement CURVE from TMobile but still experience this memory leak.

I also have this frozen SPINNING HOURGLASS at times and it sometimes reboots itself automatically.

CALL FAILED issues as well. I had upgraded to a Family Plan so I have an extra phone which I can use since the CURVE that I have sometimes lags and can't make calls. Grrr...

It's frustrating but it is what it is.

I like the QWERTY feature for texting though.
    03-15-08 06:00 PM
    this just happened to me today. I called att and they told me to take out the back and sim card. they fixed something and now everything is fine. I don't think it is a memory thing. my phone is new and I still have alot of memory on it.
    03-16-08 04:48 PM
    I had a world edition and it kept doing the disappearing act with my call log, text and emails and Sprint decided to send me this lovely curve. I want to smash it. I'm a realtor and I deal with lots of strangers and empty houses. I would really like a phone that works. I can't believe that RIM can invent such a great product and can't fix what should be a simple issue. BB's have been around for years. I would rather have them bulky and working!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD