My phone keeps freezing and won't respond when I press any of the buttons
    08-31-10 06:45 PM
    It might help if you put a little more info than that. Were you upgrading the OS, adding/deleting apps, themes, etc..?
    08-31-10 08:22 PM
    Yes check your OS if you are running the latest version of OS,check on top of these forums thread and get the latest verison,if you don't have one,that should solve the slow response of you BB,also check if you installed a lot of apps,because 8330 runs on 35 mb only.hope this info will help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-10 09:21 PM
    because 8330 runs on 35 mb only
    What do you mean runs on 35mb only? I only have 25mb at bootup and my phone runs perfectly fine.
    08-31-10 09:55 PM
    Yes check your OS if you are running the latest version of OS,check on top of these forums thread and get the latest verison,if you don't have one,that should solve the slow response of you BB,also check if you installed a lot of apps,because 8330 runs on 35 mb only.hope this info will help.

I used to have 50.
    Until I installed apps.

08-31-10 10:30 PM
    The 8330 has 96mb of memory before the os and apps are loaded. But then again, the op never stated what device they have.

To the op, the most common reasons for freezing and unresponsive devices are low memory and a corrupted memory card.
    09-01-10 12:41 AM
    Battery pull!

09-01-10 07:28 AM
    I went to check a message on my phone yesterday and when I clicked on it it kept bringing up the call log menu and "* #".

I tried to update the update last night and it was working fine until this morning and now its not responding when I press and of the buttons on the phone.
    09-01-10 08:51 AM
    You REALLY need to provide more information. We can't tell what's going on without more information.

What's your File Free? Go to Options > Status and read the third line.
    What OS version is on the device? Go to Options > about and read the third line.

Has the device been exposed to ANY moisture? Even a little TINY bit?

What applications to you have installed?
    What applications are running?

Help us help you.
    09-01-10 11:04 AM
    My file free is 37169748 bytes

I just downloaded the latest OS yesterday
    09-01-10 12:01 PM
    What device model?
    What SPECIFIC OS version number?

Moisture contact? Sweaty pocket, wet hands, wet hair, steamy bathroom, dew, high humidity environment?

Apps installed?
    Apps running?

Come on. You HAVE to give more details or no one can help you.
    09-01-10 04:54 PM
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    I think it is 5.0.0438

I only use twitter and facebook apps

I am sorry I am pretty clueless when it comes to the technical stuff for the blackberry

It was a pretty hot day yesterday so maybe that is a factor is it possible that one of the keys is jammed?
    09-01-10 05:38 PM
    Heat shouldn't really matter, but moisture definitely would.

Did you have the device in your pocket without a case?
    Sweating?
    High humidity?

Go to the How To? forum and look for a thread about dealing with a wet BlackBerry.
    09-01-10 06:49 PM
    Yeah I didn't use a case and I was sweating

I will check out the wet blackberry thread

thanks
    09-01-10 07:09 PM
    Good luck.

And see? That didn't take you having any technical knowledge. It only took you answering the questions that were being asked.
    09-01-10 07:50 PM
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    I think it is 5.0.0438

I only use twitter and facebook apps

I am sorry I am pretty clueless when it comes to the technical stuff for the blackberry

It was a pretty hot day yesterday so maybe that is a factor is it possible that one of the keys is jammed?
    I assume you are on Boost since you downloaded the latest software and it was 5.0. I think there are two issues at play here. 1). The Boost OS 5.0 has huge memory issues which lead to the phone freezing. 2). Facebook has had some recent forum posts about causing problems. Maybe when you combine the two on one phone you are doomed. Seriously, I would recommend you look at loading a hybrid OS 5.0 from BBTWeaks.com and search the forums about Facebook. I don't use it so can't help you there. I did load Boost OS 5.0 on my phone in January and had terrible memory issues for about two weeks until I 'upgraded' to a hybrid OS. Good luck\!
    09-02-10 11:43 AM
    So how come my storm keeps freezing! I'll click on the unlock at the top and it goes crazy
    09-07-10 03:20 PM
    I'm on boost with 5.0 I have about 19MB free after useing phone all day it will drop to less then 5mb. 1
    Will installing a hybrid OS help? I was looking into it today but I'm a little sqweemish about doing it. Is it something that can be easly reversed ?

09-08-10 01:16 AM
    I had a 8330 that kept freezing when browsing sending a picture and even ending a call...sprint tried telling me that it was from downloading "free" ringtones and that I should get my ringtones from them(yeah right)...and I was running the latest 4.5 os...and the fact that you are running os5 could be the MAJOR factor to why you phone is freezing because of the low memory of the 8330 battery pulls were the only way to stop it but I was doing that like 4 times a day! And they wouldn't replace it and sprint would do a factory rest and it would help for a week and act up again...its the phone its trash

09-08-10 05:26 AM
    I'm on boost with 5.0 I have about 19MB free after useing phone all day it will drop to less then 5mb. 1
    Will installing a hybrid OS help? I was looking into it today but I'm a little sqweemish about doing it. Is it something that can be easly reversed ?

Lysergic,
    I have a Verizon 8330. In January I wanted to try Boost OS 5.0 and loaded it up on my BB. I was scared to death to try it, but went ahead a took the plunge. I really liked the OS, but the memory leak was horrible. After 2 weeks I was ready to go back to 4.5, but I thought I would try a hybrid to see if it was any better. I've never gone back. I have more memory than with 4.5. Go to BBTweaks.com and read 'Maximizing Memory' and 'Self Installing Hybrid'. The latest public release is 12.2, but 13.2 is ready to come out any day. Follow the tutorial exactly and you won't be disappointed. PM me if you have any question or better yet, post any problems you encounter on BBTweaks.com forum. Good Luck!
    JB

P.S. make a back up and you can always go back, if you want to (you won't)
    Last edited by jbarbero; 09-08-10 at 01:21 PM. Reason: added P.S.
    09-08-10 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD