I have the boost mobile bb 8330. I have had it since mid june. The last week or so I have had a problem with the phone freezing. I bought a 2gb card and its in the phone. I keep getting a message that the memory is full as well. I nly have twitter and fb on my phone for apps, what can i do about this. tia
    08-26-10 02:25 PM

Sounds like you should start with a Battery Pull. With the power on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, and let it boot up.

What OS are you running on your Curve? Type 'myver' in a reply and click the space key.

Look at Options>Status before and after you do a Battery Pull. Your File Free reading should change significantly after the reboot.

Open your camera, click the Menu (BlackBerry) button and go to Options, ensure that Media is set to Save On Media
    Card

All of these should help you get back on track. .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 08-26-10 at 02:44 PM.
    08-26-10 02:36 PM
    You need to free up some memory:

How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com

Try taking out your microSD if it continues to freeze up on you. You may have to format it in your phone, but work on these memory cleaning tips first...
    08-26-10 02:36 PM
    ty i will give this a try
    08-26-10 02:54 PM
    im running 5.0.0.438
    08-26-10 03:05 PM
    im running 5.0.0.438
    That version lasted about a day on my phone. It kept freezing, was horribly slow, even using shrink-a-os and all the normal tweaks.
    08-26-10 03:11 PM
    I suspected that you had the 5.0 with having memory issues. Realistically, your choices are very regular Battery Pulls and a lot of memory maintenance, or downgrade to a 4.5 series OS.

08-26-10 03:38 PM
    Yes, I am also runnning the OS 4.5 series, apparently the 5.0 isn't relaible for my BB 8830.

08-26-10 04:43 PM
    Like BergerKing suggeted. You will be so glad you did. A word of advice, do not delete the themes that came with your blackberry. If you do some 3rd party themes will not run. Been running 5.0.0.438 for 8 months. After doing the Memory Optimization I have 32mb at fresh boot. Runs smooth as silk. I only do battery pulls after a new app install, soft reboot once every 3 or 4 days. No memory leaks, no endless hour glass, no issues and never had to call Cs. Guess I just got lucky.

Last edited by albee 1; 08-26-10 at 08:59 PM.
    08-26-10 08:49 PM
    How do i downgrade to 4.5 os?
    08-28-10 04:56 PM
    A few options are available for you, here's one topic I found on the boards:

http://crackberry.com/how-downgrade-...erating-system

There are other threads floating around that deal with it also. You can also use 3rd party software (such as MCP) to help you through the process. Make sure you read through whatever instructions you decide on before going for it and back up everything you don't want to lose. Good luck!
    08-29-10 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD