OK be patient as I'm a new guy but here goes.

Got an 8330 curve from Sprint. Bout 11 months old. Was trying to remove the outer case to get to the key board. Was prying around the top edge and suddenly something snapped and my phone went dead. All it's got is a blinking red light on the top and that's it. I've tried pulling the battery, I've tried hooking it up to my computer, nothing. Just a blinking red light on top. It appears as though I can power it on and off (I can hold the power button down and the blinking light will stop and then when I press it again the blinking light starts back up) but there's no display at all. And wouldn't you know that all this happens right as the service centers are closing.
    07-27-09 08:14 PM
    With the "something snapped" you may have damaged the guts of it.
    07-27-09 08:17 PM
    Ugh. I knew I shoulda just left it alone but the tinkerer in me said nah go ahead.

How could I though when I was prying just around the top edge of the face cover? I was using a credit card to make sure I didn't mess anything up.

Well something must be jacked cause my computer won't even recognize it.

Take that back. The computer is recognizing it.
    Last edited by Bgbldodge; 07-27-09 at 08:23 PM.
    07-27-09 08:21 PM
    yeah it sounds to me like you might be able to get it back.
    07-27-09 08:32 PM
    Any suggestions as to how? It's still receiving emails. It acts like it's in that little case that comes with the phone that has the magnet inside to put it in to a sleep type mode.
    07-27-09 08:40 PM
    Do a back up, wipe, reload the OS
    07-27-09 08:42 PM
    Aight. I'll try that.

I'm sitting here looking at this thing and there's no way I could have damaged anything. Nothing is attached to the face plate and you can see the marks in the dust where I was prying and it was no where near anything vital so hopefully this thing is just having a brain fart.
    07-27-09 08:59 PM
    Ugh. I knew I shoulda just left it alone but the tinkerer in me said nah go ahead.
    Dude, I always have that little voice woo me into doing things I shouldnt. My car always suffers from my tinkering. I hope you fix it.
    07-27-09 09:50 PM
    **** ya. I've got the same thing when it comes to my truck. Poor SOB never gets left alone. HAHA.

Well I tried a wipe and reinstall the OS and nothing. Screen is still blank. Looks like I'm going to sprint during lunch and giving them $50. Oh lucky me.
    07-27-09 10:00 PM
    Sorry to hear that about going to Sprint.

But I am the same way. Guess it is mainly a Guy thing, we always have to see how things work. Not that girls don't, but the guys are more prone to do it.

Hope you get your phone back.
    07-27-09 10:28 PM
    Ya. When I was 10 my dad bought a new headunit for his 4runner and had the old one sitting in the garage. Wish he would have told me he wanted to put it back in before he sold the 4runner. HAHA.

The worst part is is that next month I'm eligible for a $150 towards a new phone. :doh:
    07-27-09 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD