First off, this is my first post (and I've been a CrackBerry member for about a year!). I love lurking with the Crackberry nation. The wealth of info on these devices is unparalleled, but I can't seem to find out how to fix my problem after searching for 2 days.

I have an 8320 w/ version 4.5.0.81 and for some strange reason I cannot get it to connect to my desktop or laptop. My other 8320 is recognized but this one just briefly gets the charging icon for about 3 seconds and then it sits there as if it was unplugged. I tried different cords, different USB ports, starting DM 4.6 after connecting phone, and uninstalling and reinstalling DM all to no avail.

The phone used to connect properly about 4 months ago but now it seems to be on strike. Also, the phone will charge with the A/C charger and the phone has no other functional issues that I know of.

I know the gang on here can help. Thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 12:54 PM
    Take a close look at the USB port on the phone. Look for a bent pin/wire. It sounds like one of the pins that carries data is bent.
    07-05-09 01:37 PM
    My computer wouldn't recognize my BB either I had to reboot my comp I do have win xp and multi-users after I did the reboot it came right up.

07-05-09 02:02 PM
    Take a close look at the USB port on the phone. Look for a bent pin/wire. It sounds like one of the pins that carries data is bent.
    Yep, sure enough the prongs do look out of place compared to my working Curve. I will check it out with the connection when I get home and report back on the results.

07-05-09 04:36 PM
    Ok, the pins out of whack was the cause!! Thanks a million for saving me more frustration. Just used a needle to "pry" the tangs back into the right place.
    07-05-09 06:35 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. That is very useful.

htt p://pret-auto.org
    07-06-09 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD